There are newer employer reviews for PA Consulting

Alan please make real investments in the firm we love rather than squander all the cash

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at PA Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart people, one global culture, holds on to talent in down times, shows caring and compassion for people

Cons

Why pa is continually giving money back to shareholders is beyond my comprehension. Is this just a way to keep the cash out of chairman Jon's hands because he will waste it on another silly venture? That's it isn't it, that's the only way to keep the cash safe? Distribute it. Why couldnt we invest it in growing the core business?

Advice to Management

Stop managing for dissolution of the company. It feels like we're waiting for somebody to turn the lights off and we all go home. Couldn't we think of useful ways to spend 100mm GNP?

Other Employee Reviews for PA Consulting

1. Good company, great colleagues

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at PA Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good colleagues, international work opportunities, rapid career advancement, very smart co-workers

Cons

Low pay, not awareness of this firm in the marketplace, small firm so not same number of colleagues as at the bigger firms

Advice to Management

Pay your people better. Need better IT

2. Needs more transparency in renumeration

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Pros

Nice people to work with in general As Senior Management are rewarded for $ sales this "clouds" their judgement on approaching work on a number of fronts Good verity of training offered, however....

Cons

A bit English and "clicky" To small in the US to be effective and can't recruit the right people to grow the business Training seem to be to much role playing and " This is how you did it wrong" after the fact.