PACCAR

www.paccar.com

Strong, stable company... Advertise as being LEAN but top executives are paid excessively

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsPACCAR is a stable, growing company. From the perspective of strategy and financial growth, the company is great. For some selected employees, PACCAR heavily emphasizes on promoting from within.

ConsPACCAR's culture is extremely conservative, and has the "good ole boys" mentality. Mark Piggot AKA "The Chairman" has ran this company successfully with his strong team of executive talent. However, the company truly under-appreciates those below the executive level. The company advertises itself as to being "lean" in expenses and pays non-executives below market value while expecting them to work a ton of hours. However, executives are compensated well above market value. The "Chairman" has good and bad days and the employees run around in fear of running into him on a "bad day." There are many "unwritten" PACCAR rules such as requiring everyone to wear a suit daily, for the ladies not wearing open-toed shoes and always wearing pantyhose (even on the hot days), not using the elevator if you are going up or down two flights and not crossing the street to grab Starbucks during working hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're a smart business man but learn to value your employees... Also, put your "PACCAR unwritten rules" in writing if you want to hold your employees accountable... Hopefully, the next time you find one of us crossing the street to Starbucks during our law-required 10 minute break, you will fight the urge to yell and ridicule them in front of others as you normally do... and instead, hopefully, you will act like the professional business man that you are. Employee satisfaction and healthy work environments produce more effective employees, "Chairman."

And the unpaid overtime keeps rolling

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kirkland, WA

I have been working at PACCAR

Pros: 401K, Pension Some cool co-workers who try to show you the ropes Lots… Cons: Was recently told to work 11 hours for an engineering push - w/o freebees. Was previously told to work weekends for an engineering push, at least… Advice to Senior Management: Don't lie to new employees. You lied to me when I was hired about forced UNPAID overtime. How about… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Old School

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

I have been working at PACCAR

Pros: Solid history of profits and old school Cons: Old school slow to change and adapt to changing business… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on PACCAR.

Worked for PACCAR? Contribute to the Community!