PACCAR

www.paccar.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PACCAR

Stable company with consistent growth.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Renton, WA
Former Employee - Data Analyst in Renton, WA

I worked at PACCAR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

International company with opportunities to work in roles that vary from mechanical to business.
Business roles teach you how to be proficient in MS Office products, especially Access and Excel.

Cons

Traditional management style with little room for entrepreneurs.
Non-competitive pay options; however, the benefits are good.
Older equipment.
Not located in the city.

252 Other Employee Reviews for PACCAR (View Most Recent)

Paccar is a very good company to work for.

Current Employee - Engine Test Engineer in Mount Vernon, WA
    Current Employee - Engine Test Engineer in Mount Vernon, WA

I have been working at PACCAR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like working at Paccar because my job at because the work is very interesting. My job location is at the Paccar Technical Center and we have the opportunity to work on many of the phases of development of a truck. It is cool to see what you worked on drive down the road.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons. A new employee will need to get used to the conservative culture of the company. Also, the reaction and preparation for upper management visits is somewhat extreme.

The management of Paccar is good. Keep up the good work.

Good place to retire

Current Contractor - Calibration Engineer in Mount Vernon, WA
    Current Contractor - Calibration Engineer in Mount Vernon, WA

I have been working at PACCAR as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with, good work life balance, great support for the work you're performing. Company is great at making money. Best benefits by a large margin over anything I've experienced elsewhere or heard of.

Cons

Pay structure is weak and breeds an overly large middle management for employees to get raises. Not enough budget for tools, manpower, or testing to be competitive in marketplace. Lots of yes men on the corporate ladder which makes it difficult for positive change to be implemented. The chairman is literally crazy... and takes all his vehicular inspiration from a 1990's Lexus.

Work on your Miracle based planning. Don't forget to schedule for tours which happen 145 days out of the year. If you're 1 month away from launching a product that you've been working on for the past 2 years, don't PREDICT to get 80% of the work load completed in that month. Validating a product for 1 month on 15 trucks is not Validation.

There are newer employer reviews for PACCAR