There are newer employer reviews for PAE

PAE went from perfect to pathetic in less than 1 year.

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at PAE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to travel to other assignments. promotions if you are a white male and under 40. Was a great company when I started, opportunities were available, I had a boss who always had my back.

Cons

If you are not a white male under 40 you won't get promoted or you will be released to make room for a white male under 40. All the managers in HR are men for all 3 companies under the PAE umbrella, AT, DS2 and PAE. Also, the men receive higher salaries than women

Advice to Management

They should have thought about all the people they placed on a RIF in the past year. Now the company is a skeleton crew with people working 50+ hours a week in lieu of 40. Cutting back staff to save money and go public is not the best course of action. Also, replacing all American worker's with Foreign Nationals will not work either. I believe Foreign Nationals are some of the best workers I have seen; some don't have the knowledge of what it takes to be in positions that need American knowledge. There is no work-life balance for people working overseas. Now that staff has been cut stateside, they are expected to work 60-72 hours week as if overseas, which is the normal work schedule.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great work and learning experience

I have been working at PAE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere and camaraderie. Managers are free to express and implement new ideas

Cons

still a young company and with that there are growing pains as they struggle to nail down processes.

Organization with Ad hoc management style, could do better

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at PAE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

International exposure, varied experience, diversity. Devoted program teams willing to make a difference with strong sense of ownership in everything they do.

Cons

Territorial and damaging personal politics at senior leadership level. Lack of process training in all areas. Collaboration and teamwork is largely ignored. Most employee feel insecure. Lack of motivation and moral.

Advice to Management

Establish meaning training programs that support human capital development, improve meaningful two-way communication and employee motivation to increase morale and productivity.