There are newer employer reviews for PAREXEL

The good, the bad, and the politics!

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedules
Most employees work from home
401k & company match
Autonomy, self-reliance, self-sufficiency
Excellent pay if you negotiate up front for it
Adequate benefits
Company likes to promote from within and I was told there is ample growth opportunities if you work HARD!

Cons

Global organization which can easily make you feel like just another number
Training is very inadequate across the majority of departments
Direction comes from all across the board so you will always wonder “Who is my Manager?”
Overworked staff + burnout = high turnover
Bureaucratic
Political games
Silo Mentality

The higher ups need to follow through with the suggestions and ideas of the worker bees that are doing the work each day. We know what we are talking about better than you do because you don’t actually do the work. Also quickly reward and promote employees that work HARD. Get rid of (FIRE) those that are just dead weight and only want to collect a paycheck. You know who they are...

Offer better training opportunities to those that want to be promoted.

317 Other Employee Reviews for PAREXEL (View Most Recent)

Better than no job at all

Former Employee - Senior Clinical Data Analyst  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Clinical Data Analyst in Durham, NC

I worked at PAREXEL full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good health insurance and 401K
    Generous sick leave and vacation, if ever allowed to take it
    Many people are well paid for their experience level (I wasn't)
    Opportunity to work on a wide variety of interesting and complex studies
    Some opportunities for growth, depending on department and position
    Stable, growing company at the present

Cons

The workload is high and can be very high - 100+ hour weeks in some departments - due to intentional understaffing and high turnover . In my group there were many inexperienced people doing work beyond their capabilities because of the inability to recruit and retain experienced employees, leading to many quality issues, rework, and lost business.

Several positions in my department were eliminated or significantly redefined in a short period of time leading to massive confusion about responsibilities and frustration as people were now expected to do jobs different from what they thought they had been hired to do.

There is a very strong culture of blame and not taking accountability at all levels, by far the worst I've experienced in 9 years in the CRO industry. There is constant finger pointing and functional groups do not work as a team; this lack of teamwork was even noticed by sponsor on my study.

All of this leads to a highly stressful environment. I know several professional people to have just walked out of PAREXEL, and more that gave notice but did not have another job lined up. There is nothing - pay, benefits, opportunities - that make working at PAREXEL worth it..

Open your eyes - intentionally overworking your employees and treating them like dirt does not lead to success.
    Look long and hard at who your management is and what they are doing -there are some very bad and incompetent people in management. Real change will require significant housecleaning.

Industry Leader - tremendous growth

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Within my dept, the management team communicates openly at all levels. PAREXEL is a leader in innovation and adaptability to the changing environment. Executive leadership consistently demonstrates their desire and willingness to hear the ideas of those doing the work. Hard work and achievements are recognized.

Cons

Companies can always improve... PAREXEL is no different.

Continue to listen to employees and act accordingly.

There are newer employer reviews for PAREXEL

Worked for PAREXEL? Contribute to the Community!