Love the environment

I have been working at PBS

Pros

I technically work for an affiliate of PBS (local station). The environment is usually great. People are friendly and helpful. PBS is always helpful and informative with everything.

Cons

It is hard to move up in the company unless you're willing to do a 40 year stint. It is also unusual to get a pay increase at all.

Needs to have more of a focus on employee growth, professionally speaking.

Other Reviews for PBS

Nice work environment

I have been working at PBS part-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible hours, great training, volunteers opportunities, open communication with general manager, great place to grow if you are entry level

Cons

part time hours, no room for advancement if you miss your opportunity it could be years before anything would come up again.

Continue to talk with your employees and open discussion for younger programming

Run the other direction

Former Employee - Interaction Designer  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Interaction Designer in Alexandria, VA

I worked at PBS full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you're f/t contract, you should do fine (great pay, many great people, and you can easily move on when you've had enough).

Cons

Some of the people were not so sane, incl my boss. Pay is terrible if you're a regular f/t employee.

Be more aware of how your directors are leading departments. If you want stellar professionals -- and esp stellar professionals at non-profit salaries -- you have to provide a stellar and truly professional work environment. Else you will lose every one of us that signed on with you because we were idealistic and optimistic about the mission of PBS.

There are newer employer reviews for PBS.

Worked for PBS? Contribute to the Community!