PBS: Great Benefits, Good Work Enviroment, Low Pay

Current Employee - Assistant Director
Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at PBS

Pros

Great vacation/sick/maternity leave benefits; good 403-B employer matched contribution; flexiblity for time off; interesting co-workers; fantastic mission.

Cons

Low salaries; very low raises (3% in a "good year"); very difficult to get a promotion; Senior Management's pay is out of scale (very high) when compared to what the masses earn; Senior VP over my division is a poor fit for the job; conflict between members of Senior Management negatively affect how those of us in the trenches can perform our jobs.

Advice to Management

Realize that the salaries PBS pays-- in terms of the DC area being a very high-cost of living location-- are very low.

Internal conflicts between Senior Management members cause trickle-down issues that affect job performance of others.

Implement a system where those who perform well and are eager to move up and take on more responsibilty are actually given promotions.

reviews filtered by
  1. INTERN

I worked at PBS as an intern

Pros

very nice work environment there

Cons

not much for job opportunity

2. Fantastic time working with the PBS community

I worked at PBS as an intern

Pros

An inspiring, engaging community. Everyone is hard working and cares about their impact on the country.

Cons

At times a little tedious, but for an intern they give opportunities to shine.