There are newer employer reviews for PBS

PBS: Great Benefits, Good Work Enviroment, Low Pay

Current Employee - Assistant Director
Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at PBS

Pros

Great vacation/sick/maternity leave benefits; good 403-B employer matched contribution; flexiblity for time off; interesting co-workers; fantastic mission.

Cons

Low salaries; very low raises (3% in a "good year"); very difficult to get a promotion; Senior Management's pay is out of scale (very high) when compared to what the masses earn; Senior VP over my division is a poor fit for the job; conflict between members of Senior Management negatively affect how those of us in the trenches can perform our jobs.

Realize that the salaries PBS pays-- in terms of the DC area being a very high-cost of living location-- are very low.

Internal conflicts between Senior Management members cause trickle-down issues that affect job performance of others.

Implement a system where those who perform well and are eager to move up and take on more responsibilty are actually given promotions.

54 Other Employee Reviews for PBS (View Most Recent)

Eight, Arizona PBS/KAET 8

Former Employee - Intern  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PBS part-time for more than a year

Pros

Eight, Arizona PBS is a wonderful company that works to bring the factions of the community together. They provide local news, entertainment, and public outreach at no cost.

Cons

The only con is that PBS relies on public contributions for operating funding. Therefore, if you can, donate to Eight! They rely on you in order to bring the best in community outreach for free to underprivileged youth and adults.

I hope you continue to grow and play an essential part in public broadcasting.

Telesales

Current Employee - Telesales  in  Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Telesales in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at PBS part-time for more than a year

Pros

Soft cold calls to past due members in order to get them to make donation for continual support. Selling PBS products and concert tickets. Hourly pay and bonuses. Easy to talk to members who share the same passion for PBS.

Cons

Difficult turn over for supervisor in charge. The time frame that I worked there was during the stock market crash and many memebers who were already retired lost savings. Very sad.

Very nice management team.

There are newer employer reviews for PBS

Worked for PBS? Contribute to the Community!