PBS

PBS: Great Benefits, Good Work Enviroment, Low Pay

Current Employee - Assistant Director
Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at PBS

Pros

Great vacation/sick/maternity leave benefits; good 403-B employer matched contribution; flexiblity for time off; interesting co-workers; fantastic mission.

Cons

Low salaries; very low raises (3% in a "good year"); very difficult to get a promotion; Senior Management's pay is out of scale (very high) when compared to what the masses earn; Senior VP over my division is a poor fit for the job; conflict between members of Senior Management negatively affect how those of us in the trenches can perform our jobs.

Realize that the salaries PBS pays-- in terms of the DC area being a very high-cost of living location-- are very low.

Internal conflicts between Senior Management members cause trickle-down issues that affect job performance of others.

Implement a system where those who perform well and are eager to move up and take on more responsibilty are actually given promotions.

60 Other Employee Reviews for PBS (View Most Recent)

Community Engagement Intern

Current Intern - Community Engagement in Arlington, VA
    Current Intern - Community Engagement in Arlington, VA

I have been working at PBS as an intern

Pros

- Intern Events
    - Access to Senior Management
    - Working on meaningful projects

Cons

- Not seeing the completion of your project

- Management should expand the internship program because PBS is a great company to work for.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at PBS

Pros

It's a great work environment. Everyone is very helpful, friendly and supportive. There's a good deal of trying to make everything as efficient as possible and make teams work as well as possible.

Cons

Not much to say here. I guess there are a lot of very busy people. Since the budget for new his isn't always big, rules trend to be broader and each person does more.

There are newer employer reviews for PBS