PCA

www.packagingcorp.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for PCA

Great Company

I have been working at PCA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful manager, great co-workers, very little drama, no micro-managing, excellent benefits. Some departments/managers have more drama than others, and I am lucky to work in a department that doesn't have to deal with much of the corporate b.s.

Cons

Computer programs need to be updated, but work ok for what they are. Days are nose-to-the-grindstone busy, but over time is rare.

31 Other Employee Reviews for PCA (View Most Recent)

Really research your location

Current Employee - Sales in Ilorin, Kwara (Nigeria)
    Current Employee - Sales in Ilorin, Kwara (Nigeria)

I have been working at PCA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PCA is solid financially and they seem to care at the corporate level, I think anyway.

Cons

The management office and plant treat sales people like they are not part of the team. No help from mangement and the plants compete against each other. No team work.

Be honest take time to talk to your people. I believed in PCA only to find it wasn't anything like they told me it was. I think corporate should be more involved at the plant level. They do an employee survey every year, I wouldn never put down what I really think, they say it's confidential but, if you look at the questions, they can figure out who is who.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at PCA

Pros

Great People, treated well, sense of team, golden rule enviroment

Cons

Sells to 5% of the market(I was told when hired I coud sell anyone anywhere), narrow window to sell, do not sell brown box truckload street business anymore, need complex sales to be successful. Commission rate lowest in industry because it is based on margin and volume, you can forget about the margin side of it. PCA pricing system is set up for the house. They keep individual sales awards a secret for some unexplained reason.

Please review your commission structure. The field sales team is being adversely effected, while the company continues to be the most profitable in the industry,

There are newer employer reviews for PCA