There are newer employer reviews for PCA

People, Customers, Trust

Former Employee - Plant Accountant  in  Plymouth, MI
Former Employee - Plant Accountant in Plymouth, MI

I worked at PCA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Management at all levels that focus on employees as people and developing them to their fullest potential. Excellent working conditions and benefits.

Cons

Vertical management tiers that make it difficult to get decisions made in a timely manner. Many employees there a long time and can be resistant to new ideas or change.

Make sure communication is open and timely with the area and plant levels. Allow plants to control much of day to day operations.

25 Other Employee Reviews for PCA (View Most Recent)

Great Co-op Experience

Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Co-Op  in  Tomahawk, WI
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Co-Op in Tomahawk, WI

I worked at PCA as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Lot of good supervisors. Experience a lot as a co-op. They give you as much as you handle, with support along the way.

I had tons of projects and worked with a large variety of people: operators, electricians, pipe fitters, supervisors ... ect. At the mill that I worked at (Tomohawk) I had projects in the many areas: power house, wood yard, pulping sector, 2 paper machines and waste water treatment plant.

Cons

Even the negatives helped increase my learning experiences. Biggest thing was getting used to dealing with the amount of people that have to approve even the smallest things.

Lives up to the mission statement "People, Customers, Trust"

Former Employee - Plant Accountant
    Former Employee - Plant Accountant

I worked at PCA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great corporate culture, treat employees as people, not numbers, from plant level to upper management. Opportunites for growth and continuing education. Great salaries and benefits, as to be expected from a Fortune 500 company. Also reward dedicated employees with generous annual bonuses.

Cons

Occasionly, some management can seem stuffy to someone not used to a Fortune 500 company environment.

Keep doing what you're doing! You have a true focus on your employees, which is rare to find in today's corporate america.

There are newer employer reviews for PCA

Worked for PCA? Contribute to the Community!