I see lots of improvements

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at PCAOB full-time for less than a year

Pros

Warm, friendly, inviting place to work. Mission is important, company is growing, workloads are reasonable, flexible schedules, and pay/benefits are very good. Great location on K Street is enhanced by telecommuting/scheduling flexibility. I am glad I joined PCAOB. Much better than the Big 4 - I got to use all of my (1st year) 7 weeks PTO!

Cons

The organization is only ten years old and has had some growing pains, but I see leadership making significant changes that could easily transform this place into a great place to work.

Keep asking employees questions and listening to employee responses. Keep making changes to improve based on what you hear.

Other Reviews for PCAOB

QUANGO gone wild

Former Employee - HRIS Program Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - HRIS Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at PCAOB as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They are at the center of corporate responsibility management and have, in their short life, initiated substantial positive change in the reporting of corporate finances.

Cons

The are overly documentation crazy while at the same time possess an organizational lack of view to the big picture and how to effectively manage the people in the organization.

Breathe.

PCAOB is a great place to work with smart people without working the Big 4 firm hours

Current Employee - Systems Engineerections Specialist III  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineerections Specialist III in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PCAOB

Pros

Work with heavily experienced professionals/CPAs; adequate time provided to perform deep dive reviews into audit and accounting issues; travel to interesting cities in U.S. and internationally; opportunity to become familiar with and evaluate differences in audit methodologies across the large CPA firms; flexible work hours

Cons

Travel can be demanding at times; expect 20% to 35% travel each year; no retirement plan (except for 401k plan)--PCAOB matches 401k contributions but you don't have the same level of retirement security as do partners at the large firms.

None--Great place to work

There are newer employer reviews for PCAOB.

Worked for PCAOB? Contribute to the Community!