PCC Natural Markets
www.pccnaturalmarkets.com Seattle, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Ultimately a wonderful experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PCC Natural Markets

ProsMost of the co-workers are genuinely nice and friendly people. There are only some bad apples, but you learn how to put up with this. The store actually commits to things like environmental causes, which only makes it better. The clientele is generally great and not too high maintenance, but they do expect the spectacular customer service that PCC tends to be known for. You will definitely get a mixed batch of customers - the "hippies" who shop there because they care, the wealthier customers who shop there because they can, the in-betweens. I would not call this place lax, but it in no way has the rigidity that many retail places are notorious for - even though this is technically a "high end" grocery chain. But make no mistake, you are expected to pull your weight! You can sometimes have opportunities to work in different departments, and this can change your experience entirely. Great discount, great benefits.

ConsSometimes the co-workers slack off, but because they have "friends" in others, especially management, this goes unchecked. Management could sometimes be more helpful with things like scheduling, but talking to people in advance usually works out fine.

I have had vastly different experiences with different managers and co-workers, and this really makes or breaks the work environment. Overall, though, I think it is important to note that you will rarely find a place that is this accommodating and dynamic.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes positive feedback helps more in the long-term than criticism. When something goes wrong, be upfront and prompt - let the employee know about it immediately instead of hearing about it through the grapevine.

not something to be excited for but nothing to complain about

Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at PCC Natural Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros: willingness to work around your schedule, VERY caring to employees… Cons: grocery-store life=odd hours + random shifts Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

PCC Cooks Teacher

PCC Cooks Teacher (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at PCC Natural Markets as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: PCC was very supportive of me in the process of advertising the class, preparing the materials and providing a uniform, volunteers to assist with… Cons: Teaching so few classes, this was definitely not a job… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on PCC Natural Markets.

Worked for PCC Natural Markets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PCC Natural Markets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PCC Natural Markets CEO Tracy Wolpert. All reviews posted anonymously by PCC Natural Markets employees.