PCC Structurals

There are newer employer reviews for PCC Structurals

Demanding and rewarding

Current Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at PCC Structurals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hold on to your pants, because you are going for a ride. Rewarding and demanding company who pay well for your time and work

Cons

Time demanding and constent change in managmen. There is no shortage of opertunity to move up because of the changing managmen.

24 Other Employee Reviews for PCC Structurals (View Most Recent)

A Career Opportunity

I have been working at PCC Structurals full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Since I have started working here, going on 24 months now, I have been impressed by all aspects of the organization. I am given the freedom to make decisions which will directly impact operational results, provided that I provide the data to make the change, and the Org. Leadership values my input and the ideas that I have to make this place better. I work with GREAT people, some of the smartest that I have ever met; I am part of an amazing and technically complex manufacturing process; I received amazing pay and benefits, better than I could get anywhere else; and I feel like I am a part of organization that really makes a positive impact not only in the local community, but on a national scale. Manufacturing a product that everyone uses and relies everyday, parts that are present in every plane flying in the sky, is an amazing feeling of pride.

Cons

No organization is perfect, and like every organization, not every person is right for that organization. Do we have every resource that we possibly could have, no, but we are competitive and stretch to do more with less. If you are unhappy, find your bliss, but PCC is a great place to work in my opinion

Run away!

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Portland, OR

I worked at PCC Structurals full-time

Pros

Ok salary, some good employees.

Cons

They will tell you anything you want to hear to get you in the door. You'll be lucky to be put into the position you're hired for. Kiss work life balance goodbye. If you have a family don't mention wanting to spend time with them, it's a joke to management and you'll be laughed out of the room. Take a day off you'll be blacklisted. Want a promotion? You don't need to do a good job you'll just need to live at work. It's a revolving door and supervisors average less than a year. Upper management makes employees work weekend overtime worth zero notice and males you, the supervisor the bad guy. Meet your goals for the week or quarter then rest assured they will immediately change the goal. Once my team exceeded the goal and they made me report to them that they missed it so they would still have to work the weekend.

Treat people right and you'll find that you won't have to train new supervisors every year.

There are newer employer reviews for PCC Structurals