PCL Construction

www.pcl.com
  www.pcl.com
There are newer employer reviews for PCL Construction

Great Company

Former Employee - Summer Field Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Summer Field Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at PCL Construction as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

good work environment, fair compensation. Overall I had a good experience working for PCL, definitely would recommend to those interested in the construction industry

Cons

had to move around. My position required me to move for a period of time. Definitely would not a draw back for some, but I prefer to stay in one location.

51 Other Employee Reviews for PCL Construction (View Most Recent)

No life outside

Former Employee - Carpenter
    Former Employee - Carpenter

I worked at PCL Construction full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great learning experience, big fat pay cheques, always busy, days go by fast, recommend this company for apprentices as a learning experience.

Cons

Long days, back breaking work, very dangerous situations, exposed to all weather conditions, as well as exposed to low IQ's and retarded schedule pushes (but that's not a PCL problem as much as it is a industry problem), no life outside of work - you WILL be working Saturdays, became a CLAC company in Calgary.

not much, just in Alberta stop with the 44 hour work week mandate, I Know it's in the labour law but these working people have families and friends outside of work too, not just in management.

Disappointing - you expect so much more from the reputation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at PCL Construction full-time

Pros

Flexible with work life balance.

Cons

PCL is a family of companies. I worked with a particular family company (Monad Industrial Constructors, Inc.) that was terrible. Lots of false, misleading promises. If you're not a man with 30 years on-site experience, you won't move up.

Get with the times. Invest in technology. Invest in educated people, aside from engineers. The processes are incredibly archaic which is surprising from such an established company.

There are newer employer reviews for PCL Construction