PCMS Datafit
www.pcmsdatafit.com Cincinnati, OH

Great People, Terrible leadership

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at PCMS Datafit full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPCMS hires some of the best people in the industry. The Work environment is very friendly and , collaborative. Your team becomes like a family that you would do anything for. PCMS has national recognition and is privately owned so it has been able to survive and thrive during the economic downturn.

ConsManagement has no foresight and employs a reactive, instead of a proactive mentality. Problems are ignored until they become debilitating. There is always an irate customer that needs to appeased in fear of losing business. Deadlines are missed on one project because resources were stolen to meet the deadlines of another project. Clients are routinely over promised functionality by sales and high level management, and then staff are worked long hours to try to come close to what was promised.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour best asset is your people but because you won't treat them like that they are leaving in droves. Priceless knowledge has already walked out the door because you fail to change the culture. Everyone knows the issues; please stop pretending like there are no issues to try and save face. Admit when you're wrong, and go to bat for your people more often. People need to know that their work is being appreciated, and that they matter. People need to be treated like they have value, and not just like they are numbers on a resource board. Stop over promising and under achieving. Unless things change, the people who have made PCMS one of the best retail vendors are going to be making other companies the best in their respective industries.

Excellent place to start out in a developer role

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at PCMS Datafit full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of exposure to different technologies. Flexible work environment. Small groups of highly communicative… Cons: Common to be shifted from project to project because of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good

Deerfield, IL

I have been working at PCMS Datafit

Pros: Product company with vast opportunities to grow. Lot of opportunities for the Point… Cons: they operate off of cincinnati and have no other offices… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on PCMS Datafit.

Worked for PCMS Datafit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PCMS Datafit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PCMS Datafit CEO John Court. All reviews posted anonymously by PCMS Datafit employees.