There are newer employer reviews for PCN Strategies

PCN taught me everything I needed to become successful

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at PCN Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic management
Great upward mobility
Fantastic incentives, uncapped commission; you get back exactly what you put in.

I began working for PCN right after college. They brought me in and taught me how to recruit and develop lasting relationships with candidates, companies and government clients. I was promoted to Account Manager in less than 1 year, and I quickly became responsible for developing and managing new accounts. Upper Management was always helpful, and never left me feeling like I was lost or helpless. I set goals for myself, and was rewarded for my successes far more than any large company would have. PCN enabled me to realize my goal of developing and taking ownership of a brand new line of business, which was extremely rewarding. I still to this day keep in touch with all of my former colleagues at PCN. 3 years after graduating, I'm making far more money than 95% of my friends, and I couldn't say that without my professional development at PCN.

Cons

PCN is a fantastic company for anyone who wants work hard and be rewarded for your achievements. With that being said, for internal operations, recruiting and account management, this is not a 9 to 5 type environment. If you're looking for a clock watching, cushy job where you can skate by, go work somewhere else. PCN expects you to work hard, and achieve results. If you work hard and focus on helping the company, PCN will give back far more than you put in.

PCN is a challenging environment, and they work on challenging positions for very particular high-level clients. This takes a qualitative approach to recruiting and understanding client needs beyond just the technologies on paper. PCN invests in all the best tools the industry has to offer, but expects to deliver only the best candidates. Working at PCN is not a numbers game where you throw 100 candidates at the wall to see what sticks, which can prove difficult for some non-quality focused recruiters.

Keep growing and re-investing in the company and the employees.

6 Other Employee Reviews for PCN Strategies (View Most Recent)

I wish I would have known before I accepted ....

Former Employee - Talent Acquisitions Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisitions Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at PCN Strategies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The manager there gives you a crash course in IT training ..

Cons

There is no work life balance. You are required to work until 8:30pm on Wednesday and 6pm M-T-Th- Friday. You are also "not allowed" to go home if you have not found a certain number of candidates before the end of the day and if you do leave a bit after 6 management will and have question your personal life priorities. When I started the company I was told lies about almost everything ( I can verify) such as the volume , quality , type of work and clients they support, management also motivates by telling the staff that they will be fired every other day if they do not produce candidates for stale job orders. There are a lot of "integrity" issues and if you are considering working here just follow up with previous employees on LinkedIn as there is high turnover.

Tell the truth to a new employee and find out how they are motivated. Not everyone responds to threats and harsh emails ofter legitimate work hours. Offer a nurturing and supportive environment and you will get the results you are seeking.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at PCN Strategies full-time

Pros

PCN Strategies is full of opportunities. They give you the tools to become successful. Most of their clients are fortune 500 companies, and know exactly what they want in a future employee and PCN strategies always delivers that ideal candidate to them.

Most of the positions we work on are higher management roles (Managers, Director, VP, CXO) so it is exciting to be able to know that your candidate will be influencing another company so much, which is a motivator to stay late and close that deal!

On the business development side of things they have a great approach and know how and what to say to clients to earn their business. Their guarantees are one of the best in the industry, which is why so many clients are drawn to them.

The structure of the company is great. Upper management knows what they want out of each and every employee and expects them to work hard. They reward their employees with salary reviews, bonus', and more responsibilities. It's nice to know hard work does pay off.

Cons

Because of the industry, if you aren't closing deals then a rival company is. Typical hours are 8am-6pm (M, T, Th, F) and 8am-8:30pm (W). However no one ever leaves at 6, and working weekends is possibility as well. So you must be able to stay motivated and put in the work.

There are newer employer reviews for PCN Strategies

Worked for PCN Strategies? Contribute to the Community!