There are newer employer reviews for PDS Technical Services

Contract Quality Rep

Current Employee - Supplier Quality Representative  in  Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Supplier Quality Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at PDS Technical Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Being a contractor working for other companies, the relationships between your contacts at PDS is one that you need them there when things go wrong, particularly travel situations gone awry. PDS support has been second to none. Both the Tampa Office and the Seattle Office as well as Texas are stand-out personnel.

Cons

Benefits could be better, for sure. Insurance premiums are high, 401(k) has no match whatsoever. Perhaps if one is taken on for a short term contract, say (3) months, I can see that. But for long term contracts, a 401(k) match I think should be a part of the program. Vacation schedule of progressive time off should be a part of the equation too. After all, it is the contractor that's making PDS services credible.

The team I worked with were superb. Great to work with. My cons noted above are clearly global in nature and not site specific. The Sr. Leadership of PDS, I think, should reconsider their benefits/bonus processes to their contractors that are there long term, a year or more.

38 Other Employee Reviews for PDS Technical Services (View Most Recent)

I never met anyone from the company

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in North Charleston, SC

I worked at PDS Technical Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get hired adn execute contract role

Cons

difficult to communicate with, did not know who to contact for what...

Make all your staff feel like they work together at your company.

On your own with this company

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at PDS Technical Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Competative salary with other business analyst positions in the Baltimore metro area. The health benefits are offered, but might want to look elsewhere for cost. Easy onboard process over the web.

Cons

My contract was ending due to budget cuts, unexpected - and it was extremely difficult to actually get a hold of a person on the phone to find out what they were doing to assist finding another contract or anything else. Super high deductibles on the health plans.

Keep in touch with your far-flung consultants. Talking to a real person is always best. Return phone calls and emails. The communications with consultants needs improvement

There are newer employer reviews for PDS Technical Services

Worked for PDS Technical Services? Contribute to the Community!