a good place to work - great opportunities

Current Employee - Trader  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Trader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PEAK6 Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great technology, great opportunity, your success is up to you and your discipline

Cons

they do require the hours, but the chance to succeed is there

Other Reviews for PEAK6 Investments

Used to be amazing

Former Employee - Manager - Not Telling  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager - Not Telling in Chicago, IL

I worked at PEAK6 Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pre 2009 was best place I've ever been a part of. Culture used to be amazingly awesome. Smart people, Learning org, testing of ideas, entrepreneurship.... Etc

Cons

Treating people like a worthless trade Short sighted. Brokerage is really just a way to offset trading gains for taxes. People leave or fall victim to annual February firings.

I miss the old P6. Microsoft alumni ruined the company and everyone knows it. Hockey teams, Marbles the brain store, etc - good money after bad. Always wondered if Sr. Partners we're paying attention. DO NOT forget the original culture - that was key to success and it was awesome.

Best company I have worked for (2x) in my career spanning 17 years

Current Employee - Principal Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PEAK6 Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the smartest tech leaders and developers that I have ever known. I have the best mentor, I think, on the planet. Always pushing me to be creative and find new ways to solve problems. Always helping me refine ideas. Wants the best for our team, always.

Our traders are great to work with. Having a passion for quality work and products gets recognized by those using them and they know you will fix any issues they find as quick as it can get done. Most work very well with support and development to move products forward. They are eager to get the latest products on their desk.

Compensation is outstanding. Many little perks to make the day go by easier.

Senior leadership will listen to your ideas if you present them well. Most places I have worked, this doesn't exist no matter the presentation.

HR department has been the best. Never a problem getting things done. Will always help you in nearly anything you can ask for, if you ask.

Cons

Direction and focus does change quite a bit. This can be a real distraction. (This has been slowing down as our leaders have recognized this and are working to make changes)

Some projects and prototypes get shelved for months at a time, if they are even picked back up. This is not always bad, but some great ideas and products may take years to implement for the traders.

Keep moving forward on maintaining the best product direction we can. Help to keep your people focused. Keep communication open as it has been.

There are newer employer reviews for PEAK6 Investments.

Worked for PEAK6 Investments? Contribute to the Community!