There are newer employer reviews for PEAK6 Investments

Just watch how quickly a fabulous company review shows up after a truthful review is posted.

Former Employee - Trader in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Trader in Chicago, IL

I worked at PEAK6 Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some great parties that have been continuously declining in quality and attendance. Candy drawer.

Cons

A crowded room of yes men who know enough to never question a ridiculous initiative or new business venture. The owners have their trusted lieutenants along with a bloated layer of junior partners and middle managers unsure of where they will be or what they will be doing in 3 years. Just very little vision as far as a plan of attack. Even the gentlemen responding to these posts was the owner's roommate in college and now the President of the company. Its a great job if you can get it.

Advice to Management

At this point there is not much that can be recommended. They have pretty much made their bed which is to say they have a lot of options traders who at best are probably struggling to make money against the likes of Citadel, Goldman, and Wolverine trading in this highly automated and algorithmic environment. Don't get me wrong they have some pretty cutting edge stuff but so does everyone else.

Aug 1, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm sorry it wasn't your experience, but we do encourage an open, transparent culture where people debate ideas. It sounds like your experience wasn't aligned with
... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Awesome company

I have been working at PEAK6 Investments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get access to some of the best and brightest people. High energy, entrepreneurial firm that is always thinking of how to do things better/differently. Collaborative teams, great space, and outstanding holiday parties (Flo Rida was the entertainment this year!). Benefits are also really good.

Cons

Financial services requires a lot of security, for good reason. If you haven't worked in a regulated environment the amount of security and restrictions to data might be unexpected.

Advice to Management

There's been some great progress over the 4 years + that I've been with the firm. There's been strong growth across the firm, and good opportunities for movement within the firm. The leadership team has been much more tuned in to employee feedback over this time. That open communication is really appreciated. Please keep it up!

Dec 23, 2013President

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your time at PEAK6. And, we appreciate you recognizing the progress we've made over the past few years. We'll definitely keep it up!

Too bureaucratic for its own good

I have been working at PEAK6 Investments full-time

Pros

Annual band party ( founders hire big time band like goo goo dolls to perform)

Cons

Company touts "frugality" as a plus...including compensation
    Has become a bureaucratic organization ....large but layers of people who don't always grasp how their roles help the greater picture

Jan 10, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback. At PEAK6 we do want people to spend the firm’s money like it’s their own. We want everyone to be financially responsible. I am disappointed to hear you feel the firm ... More