PFSweb

www.pfsweb.com
There are newer employer reviews for PFSweb

Third-party call centers always suffer the same problem... being cheap.

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Plano, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Small enough and growing fast enough to provide advancement opportunities.

Cons

Cheap contracts with their clients wins business, but means that the pay rate for agents is VERY low. Some of the contracts do not include paying for training or management, so the company skimps on both, leaving too little support for agents.

Actually bid a reasonable amount so you can pay for the support the agents need.

48 Other Employee Reviews for PFSweb (View Most Recent)

I had a terrible experience.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance and Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I made friends that i will knows for years to come. I was developed my own skills as a csr and took my skills to my new job.

Cons

Terrible management- they do not follow their own rules and they do not treat people how they want to be treated. Terrible work ethic and the company IS JUST TRYING to survive ... THEY ARE NOT flourishing/ appreciating the people who make their company work on a day to day basis.

READ ABOVE

The experience at PFSweb was not what I expected.

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Agent in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The location of the call center. Working for a company that supports so many diverse business models.

Cons

The training for new hires was very poor planned, this was a new client for the company but from my call center experience the trainers did not seem knowledgeable at all. The leadership in the department I was in were reactive instead of proactive to issues. Pay was very low and as a result the quality of employees was the same. No screening of new hires. Literally filled out application and got the job no interview. Very poor hiring practice. Did not take the time to interview so staff for this new client had very poor attitudes and the client expressed this. Matrix for quality control was set so high and with poor training set people to fail. Promoted those who were not worthy with no work experience in a call center. People who were put in these positions only there for who they were friends or extra nice too.

When you take on a client research more. Hire a staff who wants to be there not just filling the seats. Don't be reactive to poor quality calls be proactive and actually train people. I am not sure how they have the other clients and failed with the one I worked for. I had more experience then at least 65% of the leadership group. People were put in these roles because of who they knew and had lunch with. Promote based on knowledge and past work experience.

There are newer employer reviews for PFSweb