On a downward slide

Current Employee - Fleet
Current Employee - Fleet

Pros

High Pay, Freedom to do your work as you see fit. At one point, PHH was the best in the industry. We are putting out some great technology for our clients.

Cons

Poor Benefits, Poor leadership, PHH has been on a downward slide since the failed merger with GE. The operational side of the business is lacking due to a high turnover and poor employee morale. People need to care about the quality of work they put out.

Advice to Management

We need to clean out the old guard with their old allegiances. The old tactics are not working. Promoting your friends and relatives isn't working either. We are skating by on our reputation but that plan isn't a long term strategy. We need to improve employee morale in order to get them to care about the work they are doing.

Other Employee Reviews for PHH Corp

1. Configuration Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks Glencoe, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks Glencoe, MD

Pros

Most of the people were very helpful.

Cons

They didn't provide enough training.

Advice to Management

Provide adequate training to onboarding employees.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Continued
    Former Employee - Continued

I worked at PHH Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, well intentioned, hard working want to do right by customers. Tries to do the best for its employees. Great relationships with outside companies.

Cons

Business plans are constantly changing and its hard to know what the clear direction of the company is. Too many cuts, too much change at one time.

Advice to Management

Develop a business plan and actually stick with it. Stop trying to cut your way to profitability. Focus on the core business and what you do well, focus on the customer. Empower people to do what they do best, take care of the borrowers.