PHH Mortgage

www.phhmortgagesolutions.com
There are newer employer reviews for PHH Mortgage

Loan Originator

I worked at PHH Mortgage

Pros

For those starting out, they do provide excellent training. They treat their employees fairly well, but unevenly depending on which department you are in.

Cons

New Management in place seems to be solely focused on selling the company then managing the work force. It's difficult for a company of this size to manage due to the cyclical nature of the business, so they have let many people go in the last 2 years.

142 Other Employee Reviews for PHH Mortgage (View Most Recent)

Former Loan Processor Mount Laurel

Current Employee - Slave  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Slave in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at PHH Mortgage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people that I met in the 4yrs I worked there were amazing. .all gone due to layoffs or seeing how bad this company was so they left.. Very sad and disappointing. I did learn 3 different positions while I was there which was great but my last position I had I was "forced" into due to Correspondent Channel purposefully being shut down. But what a wonderful group of team players I had the pleasure to meet and become friends with.

Cons

I don't know where to begin. Management was horrible, never around for tough decisions that workers could not make or were not allowed to make. As a LP I witnessed people crying, slamming their desks, getting up to leave for a break or just never coming back, watching people walk down to the lobby for ambulances because they were embarrassed to be taken out on a stretcher from anxiety attacks. People going on leave from anxiety most likely due to having a pipeline of 80 loans all while doing 4-5 reports a day for management for rate expirations where you were written up and fired after a certain amount of write ups. . PHH hired people off the street for loan processing with no experience. Myself and other experienced mortgage professionals were thrown in a class with these people who were ignorant and disrespectful to the trainer, people in the class on their phones and tablets playing games,shopping online and being late to class in morning and after lunch. The only reason I mention this is when they got up on the floor they were deer in head lights, stayed for 3 months just enough to build a significant pipeline to turn around and leave, which created reassigns for the REAL loan processors to take over. NIGHTMARE. Ridiculous customer service goal of 95% when all the blame was on you no matter what happened in the process...from the loan officer acting rude to the appraisal coming in low to our own management not being around for help when borrowers were at the table to subordinations taking 4 months to come back..... That was ALLLLLL the processor's fault, but the loan officers got paid on closed loans no matter what. Rearrangement of comp plan was so confusing that processors said "well looks like I'm depending on OT from now on" Horrid place to work. Company is being run into ground. If you have plans to get a job here or a recruiter calls you don't do it. Horrible management that lookout for friends and talk behind your back, start drama and are incompetent. I've worked in the mortgage biz for 15 yrs and have never seen anything like it. most unproffesional company I have ever had the displeasure to work for. Being investigated now for mortgage insurance kickbacks. Just a shady shady company.

You're not management in the real sense of the word. Stop playing on your cell phones, texting and IM'ing your other "management" friends and take time to answer questions. I have never met a more unprofessional, immature group of teenagers in my professional career.

Great Company

Current Employee - Loan Processing Assistant  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Loan Processing Assistant in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at PHH Mortgage as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

No micro managing, an abundance of hours, ample overtime

Cons

Not much room for free time

none

There are newer employer reviews for PHH Mortgage

Worked for PHH Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!