Was a better place to work in the past, not so great in the present.

Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at PKF Texas

Pros

4 weeks vacation, catered lunches during busy season, free beverages, free parking and catered breakfast every Wednesday. Even though I've been dissatisfied overall for some time now, I still believe that the firm President has his employees' best interests in mind and just has issues with communicating that in an effective manner to the junior staff.

Cons

Over the last couple of years, there seems to have been a shift in the overall work environment and attitude in the office. I find much of the change in the tax department due to turnover, but can't really speak to the other departments. When experienced employees choose to leave they are typically not replaced, leaving the remaining employees to pick up the slack. Management's solution seems to be bringing on new hires every 6 - 9 months with little to no experience to bump up the overall head count but without addressing the issue of inexperience. This creates a stressful work environment for the remaining employees as we are often left without experienced staff/seniors to help out on the more complicated projects.
Another frustration comes from the constant implementation of new processes or procedures that management doesn't follow or enforce. I feel it would help solidify the tax department if the people making the decisions and guiding the department were made to follow the same rules as the rest of us.

When an employee leaves, hire someone to fill their position at the same level. Hold the higher-ups accountable for following their own rules. Open communication is key. At a departmental level I would rather feel connected to the decision maker(s), even if the issue/decision was not favorable to me, rather than be left wondering if management is even aware of the issue.

Other Reviews for PKF Texas

My experience has been positive while working at PKF. I have been given challenging projects to work on.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PKF Texas

Pros

The opportunities I have been given to learn have made this job challenging but rewarding. This is not a place for someone who cannot deal with pressure. Public accounting is that way, though. When I have needed to be off due to family or my own health circumstances, my manager has stepped in to take over. I love my coworkers.

Cons

I am not sure that there is a downside. Public accounting is hard and I know some of my coworkers gripe about it and don't like the hours but I do not see how PKF could change that.

Keep trying and learning just like the rest of us are.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PKF Texas

Pros

job stability, 4 weeks of vacation, and friendly co-workers/management.

Cons

No work life balance whatsoever, promises are made and not kept while they continue to string you on in hopes of using you to complete jobs in an unreasonable amount of time. The pay is not commensurate with the amount of hours and you would be better off going to big four if you're going to work that much.

Change the way you deal with your employees and for once be sincere about your promises instead of just giving lip service.

There are newer employer reviews for PKF Texas.

Worked for PKF Texas? Contribute to the Community!