PKF Texas
www.pkftexas.com Houston, TX 50 to 149 Employees

Not bad for public accounting

Tax Associate (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsLots of perks. Free parking, beverages, Wednesday breakfasts, lunches during busy seasons. Bonus for getting your CPA and all professional expenses covered. The best thing about the company is that it feels like a family. The firm does a lot of extra activities and events so it feels like a very social place.
Hard work and quality work is recognized. Seniors, managers, and directors will tell you when they are pleased so it is nice to know that you are not working anonymously.

ConsWork/life balance is tough here. But I guess it's the same all over in public accounting. If you're doing this, you pretty much have to accept that you will have no life 6 months out of the year, and then maybe more than that. If you want to move up here you will have to do more than just put in your time, you really need to go the extra mile. And you will only be expected to give more of yourself if you want to move into management.
My major issue with the workload is that sometimes management is so project driven that one or two people will end up working 70+ hours while the rest of the staff are walking out the door at 4pm.
I'm still trying to decide if this is really where I want my career to go or not.
I'm still trying to decide whether this

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions to management are rare because of turnover at the staff level. I think that the management of the firm needs to realize that it is indicative of a problem when they have to hire so many managers from outside the company.

Was a better place to work in the past, not so great in the present.

Tax Senior Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at PKF Texas

Pros: 4 weeks vacation, catered lunches during busy season, free beverages, free parking and catered breakfast every Wednesday. Even though I've been dissatisfied overall for some… Cons: Over the last couple of years, there seems to have been a shift in the overall work environment and attitude in the office. I find… Advice to Senior Management: When an employee leaves, hire someone to fill their position at the same level. Hold the higher-ups accountable for following their own rules. Open communication… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My experience has been positive while working at PKF. I have been given challenging projects to work on.

I have been working at PKF Texas

Pros: The opportunities I have been given to learn have made this job challenging but rewarding. This is not a place for someone who cannot… Cons: I am not sure that there is a downside. Public accounting is hard and I know some of… Advice to Senior Management: Keep trying and learning just like the rest of us… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PKF Texas.

Worked for PKF Texas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PKF Texas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PKF Texas CEO Kenneth Guidry. All reviews posted anonymously by PKF Texas employees.