There are newer employer reviews for PLS Logistics Services

Best Decision I Ever Made

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time

Pros

PLS is a company that lets you create your own destiny. You do not have to wait around to hope you get a raise every year. You go out and earn your raise and you will receive that raise sooner than you ever expected. PLS is always tweaking the company and the training to make it better for the employees that are not afraid of a little hard work. Nine hours a day, 5 days a week with no weekends is all you have to invest and you can make in excess of $100,000 within a few years. I joined PLS several years ago and never looked back. I could not be happier with the lucrative commissions, entertaining employee and customer events, and numerous lifelong professional and personal contacts I have made over the years.

Cons

You will have to work hard and you will have to work smart. If you cannot think on your feet and communicate effectively you will struggle. This job is not for everyone and that is explained many times in the interview process. The right people shine quickly. The wrong people stand out like a sore thumb. Make sure you are 100% committed to investing into your career before you take the job.

Keep investing in your people and your technology. We have to continue adapting to stay competitive.

reviews filtered by

Terrible Company

Former Employee - Account Executive Trainee in Cranberry, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive Trainee in Cranberry, PA

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nothing at all. Terrible Company

Cons

terrible company, they do not care about employees and only about bottom line.

Care about your employees.

A great place to work right out of college.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

PLS in Jacksonville has the most competent management team I have ever worked for. They have a lot invested in you, and seem to do everything in their power to make sure you succeed. Everybody that works there is very helpful and really gives off a team atmosphere, which is rare for a commissioned job. It is a young workplace with the majority of workers there under 30 years old. If you are successful, you will be handsomely rewarded in things other than just a bigger paycheck (golf outings, gift cards, lunches, etc.)

Cons

It is a stressful job and is NOT for everybody. Management wants you to succeed, but if they feel that you are not the right type of personality for this job, you will be let go pretty early on. You will take a lot of crap from people (customers or carriers) if something goes wrong that you actually had no control over. You will deal with rejection 50 times for every one good phone call you have. You will work long hours and only have 5 holidays off. This is not the job for you if lots of time off is high on your list of expectations.

Keep up the good work. No real complaints about management.

There are newer employer reviews for PLS Logistics Services