There are newer employer reviews for PMA Insurance Group

Best experience I have had working in the insurance industry.

Current Employee - Senior Account Claims Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Account Claims Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at PMA Insurance Group

Pros

I work for PMA Management Corp (on the tpa side). Both PMA Management Corp and PMA Insurance Group have strong dedicated leaders that care about customers/ insureds and also employees. Management is great at sharing knowledge and information. Employees want to see PMA succeed because we are treated fairly. Senior management gets involved with getting to know the customers and employees. PMA's leaders are quick to respond to business needs and changes. All of this makes PMA a profitable company. Employees work normal 40 work weeks. PMA focuses on what is important and in the best interest of customers/ insureds and employees and does not micromanage employees or create a lot of busy work like I have found to be the case at other carriers. I have an amazing team of people that I work with. Not only are the people I work with highly skilled and great adjusters but they're also just really nice genuine people. It feels so good to come into work everyday and really like the people you work with. Most of the senior managers have been at PMA for most or all of their career (with many over 20 years) so the company does a great job at promoting from within.

Cons

The annual salary increases and bonuses could be better but aren't awful. But I would take working at PMA for slightly less pay over a poor working environment that pays slightly more.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're doing. I am very happy that I came to PMAMC and proud to be an employee. It was a great getting to meet with leaders and others in critical roles during the new employee orientation. Although it seems that no one has questions at the quarterly annual results meeting, employees appreciate the results that are shared with us.

reviews filtered by

Great company to grow with

Current Employee - Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at PMA Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great career growth opportunities - company promotes from within first - very lucrative employee referral program - open door management style - great service culture, & great work-life balance.

Cons

The transition to being part of a larger insurance organization has brought small changes, but change is to be expected. Management communication is very good.

2. Insurance Agent

Current Employee - Supplemental Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Supplemental Insurance Agent

I have been working at PMA Insurance Group full-time

Pros

I had good training.

Cons

If you are new to sales, don't expect support from management. Only to be told to refer to your play book. When I started, 2 people quit. My district manager was a good trainer but he tended to poison the company. Weak management. When given assignments, wouldn't receive until last minute or maybe 4 days earlier. Now the regional manager is no longer and either is the district manager. I continued with the company but never heard from upper management to re-establish who my contacts were. When I reached out, I was told that they "assumed" I found another job. If you want support to do well in your career, I wouldn't recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Employees are not just a number.