PMI Group
www.pmigroup.com Walnut Creek, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Loved my job more than life

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Hartford, CT

ProsI loved this company and the job more than life itself. I am devastated that they downsized and eliminated my position and area. I had been meeting and exceeding my goals each month.

ConsThey just had a lay off and an early retirement

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of having peoples jobs eliminated, comissions should have been eliminated until the company regained profitability . the base salary was good and the staff you had would have continued to grow the company.

"Not really one of the best place in the bay area to work for"

Claims Assistant (Former Employee)
    Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at PMI Group

Pros: Excellent coworkers, excluding the management. Cons: To many micro managers. (Claims Manager) Advice to Senior Management: Seek new Claims manager. More

PMI is a great place to work - but it could be better

Manager (Current Employee)
    Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at PMI Group

Pros: Through a profit organization, PMI Group puts their employees first. This isn't to say people before revenue,… Cons: They can lean a bit too far on the conservative side. Granted, it's an insurance company - and "ready, aim, shoot" is better than "ready,… Advice to Senior Management: Bring more entry-level people into brainstorming. Get the ideas from the people actually doing the work. In theory (and it should be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PMI Group.

Worked for PMI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PMI Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PMI Group CEO Steve Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by PMI Group employees.