Pmt needs to wake up

Current Employee - EMT-B in Peoria, AZ
Current Employee - EMT-B in Peoria, AZ

I have been working at PMT Ambulance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are great, minus managment. The union icepaz is outstanding you can read up on thus union by going to www.icepaz.com

Cons

– The managment and company could care less about there employees. They will go to great lengths to screw there employees every chance they get. They pay less than they pay there sister company employees, that does the same exact job as we do. They make us pay to have our recerts done when they pay for there sister company ( southwest ambulance) emoyees recerts. They will sit down in a union negotiation and tell you we want to do the right thing and we feel confident we will have a contract with u in 90 days then tell u to stick it up ur ass cause we wont give them everything they want. Rural metro and PMT managment is a joke they preech to us to do the right thing when all they do is the wrong thing. Go to work for mcdonalds you will make more money and will not have to pay for schooling and recerts every two years not to mention you wont risk your health or life on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Pay us what our sister company gets paid for doing the same job. Collect unuon dues from us for our union and finally stop being a company that is out to get every employee that works for you. Treat us right and i assure you we will start caring more about ur bottom line.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

PMT Ambulance needs improvement

Current Employee - Paramedic in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at PMT Ambulance

Pros

ems / 911 contractor. Provides access to the health care system for people that use the 911 systema nd the interfacility transport vehicles. The field Personnell is second to none, coming from all over the country to apply their expertise to the patients that need it. Yhe job is basically recession proof and keeps health care workers employed through some of the toughest times in American economic history.

Cons

Poor Management team that is unqualified in their job assignments and treat employees poorly. All employees are disposable and their safety isnt a concern of the management team. The pay scale has not changed in over 5 years, and the benefits will lead most to financial ruin if it is ever needed.

Advice to Management

Your employees are what make the exobinent profits this company make. You have not only not shared them as you said you would, but belittled anyone who attempted to negotiate with you on any level, Reverse you poor treatment of the human race and employ a 21st century management style,

PMT Ambulance, A Rural/Metro Company- Spiraling the drain

Current Employee - EMT-B
    Current Employee - EMT-B

I have been working at PMT Ambulance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fantastic people working in the field.

-Awesome work schedule if you are lucky.

-Opens all kinds of doors for starting a career in the medical field.

-Great way to gain experience in Emergency Medicine.

Cons

-Company seems to hate its employees.

-Company tries to get rid of the employees after a year because they can replace them with new people they can pay less.

-Very little pay. ($9.60/hr for EMT-B)

-Crew quarters genuinely do not meet the basic needs of the employees.

-Ambulances are in a constant state of disrepair.

-Normally life-saving equipment is deemed "not necessary" by management.

-Unrealistic policies that change on a weekly basis without any notice to employees.

-Company belittles its workforce.

-No reward for hard work.

-No concern for employee safety.

-No concern for employee improvement. (Their solution is to terminate and hire somebody new.)

Advice to Management

Dear Management of PMT Ambulance and Rural/Metro Corp.,

Please stop thinking so highly of yourselves and start thinking highly of your employees. They are the reason you make record profits year after year. They are the shinning example of the company. Instead of giving yourselves quarterly raises and awards perhaps it would be more beneficial to forward some of those pieces of paper to the employees who make it all happen. Even acknowledging that you see the hard work they put into every day and sincerely thanking them would do wonders for moral.

I recently read that your credit rating was downgraded to negative. This is entirely your fault. The direction you have chosen for this family of companies is not working. Perhaps a restructuring of the management team is now necessary. For example: AMR is not doing well either, why do you think hiring former leadership from that company will benefit you? Is promoting a secretary to manage two whole 911 contracted cities really the best thing for the company? How is outsourcing paramedics a financially savvy move when you pay them three times the average salary of your own paramedics?

These are just a couple thoughts that I hope will get your gears turning. It is time to turn this company around and not only make it a decent place to work but make it beneficial to the community.