PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Top performer had to leave to move forward with career

Current Employee - Licensed Financial Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Licensed Financial Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Great pay for the same job at other banks/firms. I was a top performer so my commissions and bonuses were over the average, but even without that the base salary was higher than other places.

Cons

Being a top performer after 2 years I started applying for other positions and was either "over qualified" or "under qualified" to move up in PNC.

It took me one resume to another competitor and I was hired to the role that you said I wasn't able to do because there was no openings. Funny that there was room down the street for a top performer. Clean out all of the National City Senior Management... There is a reason that company failed... I approve of Jim Rohr and what PNC stands for but not here in Indiana.

1365 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Branch Manager II in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Branch Manager II in Columbus, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Nice benefits, employee focused management style. I really enjoy the culture of customer and employee engagement. I love the innovations in technology as well.

Cons

Retail branches in Columbus have high turnover which puts a lot of pressure on branch management to work additional hours. Work life balance is sometimes compromised.

Starting pay for tellers is sub-par. It is difficult to keep good tellers in an environment where all competitors are paying $1-2 more per hour.

Managers are Jokes - We're the Punchline

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Decent benefits, opportunity to learn about the financial service industry, nice coworkers, ability to make future connections for job advancement.

Cons

-Terrible payscale for anyone lower than branch manager.

-Additional work and responsibilities piled on without any additional compensation (although this seems normal for our current economy)

-Compensation is NOT performance-driven, although management claims otherwise.

-ZERO accountablilty for branch managers. Since they do not have to document their time like the rest of us, they are free to do as much or as little work as they choose to. Pretty cushy considering they make about $80k per year.

-Impossible to document every detail of every single customer I talk to, I don't have the luxury of having an office and being able to close the door when dont want to see customers.

-They have an employee survey 2x per year, if you give bad scores bc you're unsatisfied, they will try to get rid of you.

-They eliminated two positions at my branch and replaced them with one lower paid position. Where's all that extra money going? Definitely not to the employees that do their jobs.

Either make managers do their jobs or get rid of them. They're a waste of salary that could be used on top performers struggling to pay their bills.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group