PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
  www.pnc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

I work for PNC Bank and it is definitely a great opportunity; the things I've learned here are forever!

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Bank Teller in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working for PNC Bank has taught me how to never take things personal in a professional environment, how to work with different people and manage my own ego to successfully win as a team and how to utilize my communication skills and tact to further my career. PNC's number asset is always it's employees and to me, that's encouraging.

Cons

If you're the loner type, working for PNC Bank could be a struggle, but there are always means of overcoming those struggles. I can say that you won't always be able to win your coworkers and customers over and at times it may be hard to accomplish some immediate goals, but ambition and initiative are well facilitated within PNC's structure of business. Patience is necessary.

My only suggestion is that superiors be held to an even higher standard than their subordinates. Every week, we are all graded on our ability not to simply perform our duties, but to also provide exceptional customer service to all PNC and Non-PNC Customers. At times, it seems that managers and supervisors are deemed "above the law" and aren't held as accountable for their actions or in-actions as much as their subordinates. You lead by example and a failing or successful team isn't merely dysfunctional or well-built, it is a reflection of its leadership.

1222 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Great training, benefits, and resources, inevitable corporate structure.

Current Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Training from the get-go is in-depth and very well organized, and resources for future reference are extensive and well thought-out. Great benefits and extra employee resources afforded to employees.

Cons

All dependent on individual cases and the department in which you work, working in a sales-focused corporation can be a numbers game. With some bosses coworkers and I have experienced an imbalance of numbers being thrown down our throat and honest recognition for the dedicated and earnest good work we do every day.

Build good relationships with your team, and focus on positive recognition being a constant core part of your leadership.

great experience in my field!

Current Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

good training opportunities for students

Cons

not really flexible in terms of technology

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group