PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Great training, benefits, and resources, inevitable corporate structure.

Current Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Training from the get-go is in-depth and very well organized, and resources for future reference are extensive and well thought-out. Great benefits and extra employee resources afforded to employees.

Cons

All dependent on individual cases and the department in which you work, working in a sales-focused corporation can be a numbers game. With some bosses coworkers and I have experienced an imbalance of numbers being thrown down our throat and honest recognition for the dedicated and earnest good work we do every day.

Build good relationships with your team, and focus on positive recognition being a constant core part of your leadership.

1365 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

great experience in my field!

Current Intern - Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Intern - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

good training opportunities for students

Cons

not really flexible in terms of technology

Customer Service Associate

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, 401k, dental, health, vision, etc...

Cons

Pay is terrible with unrealistic expectations so they don't have to give you a raise.Not allowed to make mistakes, must do things right the first time...last time I checked I was human.No opportunity to move up. Managers do whatever they want and get time off whenever they want especially holidays. No one monitors them, yet when you ask for a weekend off they say no and tell you "it's a business decision." Constant fear of being fired for not making goals. They have a scoring system called CIQ where they call your customers to make sure they had exceptional service. If a customer is mad for any reason and you do a transaction for them and they call the customer, the customer most of the time doesn't understand they are rating you and the transaction you did. They could be upset about rates or fees or life in general. So you end up getting a bad score and getting in trouble for it. Even if you did everything right. It's a way not to have to pay bonus. Branches are so short staffed...and how they staff makes zero sense. A branch that has 4,000 transactions a month will have the same staff if not more than a branch that does 12,000 transactions a month. And then they compare you to the branch that more staff /less transactions when your CIQ scores are bad because customers had to wait. They also ask employees to "rate" the company twice a year. However if you say anything less than perfect you get punished and action planned to death. They dont want to hear the truth.

So many people in the Chicago-Wisconsin area have left the company...maybe upper management should listen to the little people at the branches.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group