PNC Financial Services Group
3.2 of 5 1,000 reviews
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Customer Service Associate

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsGreat benefits, 401k, dental, health, vision, etc...

ConsPay is terrible with unrealistic expectations so they don't have to give you a raise.Not allowed to make mistakes, must do things right the first time...last time I checked I was human.No opportunity to move up. Managers do whatever they want and get time off whenever they want especially holidays. No one monitors them, yet when you ask for a weekend off they say no and tell you "it's a business decision." Constant fear of being fired for not making goals. They have a scoring system called CIQ where they call your customers to make sure they had exceptional service. If a customer is mad for any reason and you do a transaction for them and they call the customer, the customer most of the time doesn't understand they are rating you and the transaction you did. They could be upset about rates or fees or life in general. So you end up getting a bad score and getting in trouble for it. Even if you did everything right. It's a way not to have to pay bonus. Branches are so short staffed...and how they staff makes zero sense. A branch that has 4,000 transactions a month will have the same staff if not more than a branch that does 12,000 transactions a month. And then they compare you to the branch that more staff /less transactions when your CIQ scores are bad because customers had to wait. They also ask employees to "rate" the company twice a year. However if you say anything less than perfect you get punished and action planned to death. They dont want to hear the truth.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo many people in the Chicago-Wisconsin area have left the company...maybe upper management should listen to the little people at the branches.

PNC did not invest in it's employees. It was obvious they did not care about my salary, career progression, or growth.

Financial Consultant (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Strong network of people, good work life balance Cons: Very little room for growth and little interest in developing employees. I was partially paid on commission, and when tellers referred clients to us, part… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I hope you liked high school cafeterias

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: you won't ever work past 7pm. I suppose thats pro… Cons: because if you don't fit in, your not going anywhere. depends on your branch… Advice to Senior Management: upper management hires family memebers and SPYS on employees. disrepectful. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNC Financial Services Group CEO William S. Demchak. All reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees.