There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Investment Analysis

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good flexibility; very good work-life balance

Cons

Difficult growth opportunities; very political environment; top management does not like to change; very short-staffed in many areas; do not like to spend at all

Create better advancement opportunties

1098 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

PNC did not invest in it's employees. It was obvious they did not care about my salary, career progression, or growth.

Former Employee - Financial Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong network of people, good work life balance

Cons

Very little room for growth and little interest in developing employees. I was partially paid on commission, and when tellers referred clients to us, part of my commission went to them, which I was fine with. However, I found out that the tellers never even got paid off of those referrals so essentially a portion of that commission was disappearing for no one to see on their paychecks.

Customer Service Associate

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits, 401k, dental, health, vision, etc...

Cons

Pay is terrible with unrealistic expectations so they don't have to give you a raise.Not allowed to make mistakes, must do things right the first time...last time I checked I was human.No opportunity to move up. Managers do whatever they want and get time off whenever they want especially holidays. No one monitors them, yet when you ask for a weekend off they say no and tell you "it's a business decision." Constant fear of being fired for not making goals. They have a scoring system called CIQ where they call your customers to make sure they had exceptional service. If a customer is mad for any reason and you do a transaction for them and they call the customer, the customer most of the time doesn't understand they are rating you and the transaction you did. They could be upset about rates or fees or life in general. So you end up getting a bad score and getting in trouble for it. Even if you did everything right. It's a way not to have to pay bonus. Branches are so short staffed...and how they staff makes zero sense. A branch that has 4,000 transactions a month will have the same staff if not more than a branch that does 12,000 transactions a month. And then they compare you to the branch that more staff /less transactions when your CIQ scores are bad because customers had to wait. They also ask employees to "rate" the company twice a year. However if you say anything less than perfect you get punished and action planned to death. They dont want to hear the truth.

So many people in the Chicago-Wisconsin area have left the company...maybe upper management should listen to the little people at the branches.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!