PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
  www.pnc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Overworked and underpaid... go figure.

Current Employee - Teller
Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro I can think of at the moment is that it is a job and although the pay is not great, you get paid on time.

Cons

I do the job of 3 different people and do not get paid or acknowledged for it. I have not had a raise in over 2 years. I had vacation time approved for over 2 months to be out for two days in November 2012, and 4 hours before my scheduled vacation, I was told that I could no longer take that vacation because they could not find anyone to cover for me. 4 HOURS!!! I can understand telling me a week ahead of time or something, but 4 hours?? I feel like I am being run over and it gets very irritating. I am the only teller on the line right now, and have been since we opened at 9:00am this morning. While the 2 other people in the office have been sitting at their desks on personal phone calls and gossiping.

Treat every branch FAIRLY. Stand up for every branch the SAME.

1244 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

not bad and not good. I wouldn't recommend.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

Pros

Light work load. I was part of an acquisition so my job duties were promptly shifted to the employee taking my place. I knew I was getting let go, so no harm no foul.

Cons

Don't care about employees from acquisitions. Upper management should actually act like they care about employees, even though they are getting laid off.

Have an actual plan when acquiring a company.

Great people, can be fun and fast-moving

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, great people, fast-paced, ever-evolving technology

Cons

You have to work hard; they do not tolerate poor performance. You need to be at the top of your game for anything management related, or in the mid-level professional realms. Metrics drive the business, and you are held accountable. If you are in a large market for them (Ohio or Western PA) the sky is the limit. Otherwise, be willing to relocate to an emerging or larger market.

There seems to be a lot of turnover in the HR Management areas in Pittsburgh. That is very concerning. Hire more direct employees and less contractors. Give more lead time for technology roll-outs and more comprehensive training for the procedure changes. Every time you release massive technology changes, it affects the flow of business. Focus on the employees more. Just because you offer great benefits does not mean it is a cure-all for stress-related morale issues. The pressure is unreal when you are a Corporate employee or even a Contractor anywhere outside of the Branch Operations. I would have stayed (most likely) had I been offered a permanent position, but instead my workload was sent elsewhere, which made absolutely no sense. When faced with losing a high-producing employee, the company chose to let me leave and never countered. I wasn't surprised by that at all, as it rarely ever happens that they try to hold on to people who are good at what they do. It's a great company in a lot of ways, but I think the sheer size of them has become problematic in a lot of ways where the employees are concerned. The culture needs to be examined more closely than it has been before.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group