Not bad

Current Employee - Outbound Sales in Oshtemo, MI
Current Employee - Outbound Sales in Oshtemo, MI

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay - High school diploma can still make close to 50K
Chance for advancement- postings are often
Postivie environmen/management- particular to my department (sales) management are well informed and transparent
Pays for school
Flexibility

Cons

Can be dogmatic.- like any job at a quarticle things can become redundant
Banks must make money- the only way they do that is through fees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company if you want to be in banking

Former Employee - Licensed Financial Sales Consultant in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Licensed Financial Sales Consultant in South Bend, IN

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary and benefits, 40 hour work week, holidays off, lots of vacation time, you left pretty independent to accopmlish your goals but this will depend on the manager, enjoyed working with the financial advisor, HR very helpful, flex-time if you have to work Saturday

Cons

Dealing with rude customers, mundane work day, co-workers can be hit or miss, manager can be hit or miss, sales initiatives for banking products are dumb but I get the point, boring work,

Advice to Management

Don't make LFSC's do so much customer service work

Management styles focus on belittling employees

Former Employee - Financial Services Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Services Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros? If you want a job, they'll probably hire you if you can be bonded. Yes they offer benefits. If you are looking for some income while you look for decent employment elsewhere; they'll hire anyone and everyone.

Cons

This is for CSRs; specifically people seeking employment in the call centers. If you want to work for PNC you'd better negotiate your salary well in the first interview, because you will never get a raise. When you first start working for the company you'll encounter a lot of smoke and mirrors when you try to follow up on the touted 'opportunities for advancement'.

PNC tends to employ embittered management throughout the call centers and the majority of the managers I encountered can be pretty petty. They tend to pass quick judgement about their groups without doing any research about their employee's skills. I actually had a manager promise me that if I was "good' for a week, she'd teach me how to open word on the computer. I don't know why she thought I couldn't open word, or what she thought my skills were, but it was pretty disheartening since this was the woman who was supposed to help place me in the company.

The overall management style focuses on belittling, and I have had managers make up stories about customer complaints against me (one common trick is to pull up a form letter in word) just for an excuse to degrade me during the weekly one on one meetings they are forced to have with the employees. If you call HR with a concern about your treatment, your future is grim, and your environment will worsen. I made the mistake of doing that and had bullying managers follow me around the company demanding meetings to tell me how awful I was.

I found myself completely deprived of all self esteem by the time I left the company. When I worked there, I was constantly stressed and worried I'd loose my low paying job because the managers I'd worked for convinced me I was a useless person. If you want to work for this company, I'd suggest not taking anything your managers say to heart, that's what they want you to do, so you stay in the call center, which is a pretty awful job without all of the petty management techniques.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate your management strategies. Fostering happy employees will get you a lot farther.