There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Everyone cares about my career development

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

I have layers of mentors, managers, and coworkers who support my personal and professional growth. Large benefits package includes domestic partner benefits, childcare, patial tuition assistance, commuter benefits, flexible working hours etc. in addition to healthcare, dental, vision, etc.

Cons

Work isn't as challenging as I'd like it to be. Tuition assistance is too small to attend a top school. Office location isn't ideal.

If you want bright young leaders, recruit from top schools, ensure work is challenging enough, pay attention to diversity, value top education. I would rather commit to working at PNC for the next ten years and get more financial assistance towards an MBA at Wharton or Booth than earn a less useful degree and in a cheaper and less prestigious program.

1172 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Poor excuse for a Wealth Management offering. Incompetent management

Current Employee - Vice President in Millburn, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Millburn, NJ

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Having a hard time thinking of any due to the disappointment in the company. But there are a few, they have ambitions, but can't execute on them. They are very involved in the community

Cons

Archaic technology, frugal in supply/resource spending.

PNC Wealth Management is by far, the must unhealthy and unprofessional work environment I have been involved in during my 10+ year career. The environment is not only chaotic and driven by drama but it is all filled with gossip obsessed, immature individuals who operate with what they believe is a “cut-throat” mentality but in actuality it is childlike behavior that leads to poor results, lack of production and failed business plans. There is no sense of direction given from upper management which leads to a free for all and a scramble for answers any time an issue arises. The only way to get ahead is to "yes" the under qualified senior management to death. There is a lack of quality employees and work produced which is evident by the fact that clients pull their money out of the bank quite frequently. Management hires with an outsourcing-type mentality- they only hire cheap labor, with a lack of ability in order to give the appearance that the job is getting done. Once the employees catch on to this cyclical pattern they move on or are replaced immediately. There is no room to develop your skills, perfect your art and truly produce quality work because at PNC Wealth Management, they are only concerned with “putting a bandage over the wound” rather than actually healing it. Appearing to produce results is far more important than actually producing results. I would not recommend working here to anyone with an interest in longevity or the ambition to succeed in the Wealth Management business.

Great company, Low Pay

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Bordentown, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Bordentown, NJ

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

PNC strives on great customer service. A growing institution with small town feel. They have a lot of resources for finances, family, health/wellness, etc. Employees have always been really nice at whatever branch I walk into.

Cons

Benefits are costly, pay & incentives are low. Even with experience, you're brought it at the minimum base level to start. Very demanding in the branches; micro-managing. Expectation to sell & cross sell are hard to be met due to the low traffic in some branches. Training is far away without option of a hotel. Some training classes were cancelled without notification. (Driving 3hrs total for nothing)

Realize that many expectations cannot be met when there aren't many opportunities available. Productivity is always higher and easier to obtain in a call center environment, where you have thousands of people calling that department everyday.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group