There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Everyone cares about my career development

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

I have layers of mentors, managers, and coworkers who support my personal and professional growth. Large benefits package includes domestic partner benefits, childcare, patial tuition assistance, commuter benefits, flexible working hours etc. in addition to healthcare, dental, vision, etc.

Cons

Work isn't as challenging as I'd like it to be. Tuition assistance is too small to attend a top school. Office location isn't ideal.

Advice to Management

If you want bright young leaders, recruit from top schools, ensure work is challenging enough, pay attention to diversity, value top education. I would rather commit to working at PNC for the next ten years and get more financial assistance towards an MBA at Wharton or Booth than earn a less useful degree and in a cheaper and less prestigious program.

reviews filtered by
  1. Poor excuse for a Wealth Management offering. Incompetent management

Current Employee - Vice President in Millburn, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Millburn, NJ

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having a hard time thinking of any due to the disappointment in the company. But there are a few, they have ambitions, but can't execute on them. They are very involved in the community

Cons

Archaic technology, frugal in supply/resource spending.

PNC Wealth Management is by far, the must unhealthy and unprofessional work environment I have been involved in during my 10+ year career. The environment is not only chaotic and driven by drama but it is all filled with gossip obsessed, immature individuals who operate with what they believe is a “cut-throat” mentality but in actuality it is childlike behavior that leads to poor results, lack of production and failed business plans. There is no sense of direction given from upper management which leads to a free for all and a scramble for answers any time an issue arises. The only way to get ahead is to "yes" the under qualified senior management to death. There is a lack of quality employees and work produced which is evident by the fact that clients pull their money out of the bank quite frequently. Management hires with an outsourcing-type mentality- they only hire cheap labor, with a lack of ability in order to give the appearance that the job is getting done. Once the employees catch on to this cyclical pattern they move on or are replaced immediately. There is no room to develop your skills, perfect your art and truly produce quality work because at PNC Wealth Management, they are only concerned with “putting a bandage over the wound” rather than actually healing it. Appearing to produce results is far more important than actually producing results. I would not recommend working here to anyone with an interest in longevity or the ambition to succeed in the Wealth Management business.

2. Disappointing Experience

Current Employee - Training & Development Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Training & Development Specialist in Columbus, OH

Pros

Compensation is competitive, benefits are pretty good. Work arrangements can be flexible. Stated commitment to community involvement and environmental concerns.

Cons

Management is ineffective, merit increases are a joke (<2% for outstanding performance?). Short-sighted focus on short-term numbers instead of long-term performance and value. Career opportunities are unfairly applied (playing favorites).

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to be aware of the dissonance in their communication -- raving about quarterly/annual results and profits, but giving miniscule merit increases and outsourcing entire departments.