PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Everyone cares about my career development

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

I have layers of mentors, managers, and coworkers who support my personal and professional growth. Large benefits package includes domestic partner benefits, childcare, patial tuition assistance, commuter benefits, flexible working hours etc. in addition to healthcare, dental, vision, etc.

Cons

Work isn't as challenging as I'd like it to be. Tuition assistance is too small to attend a top school. Office location isn't ideal.

If you want bright young leaders, recruit from top schools, ensure work is challenging enough, pay attention to diversity, value top education. I would rather commit to working at PNC for the next ten years and get more financial assistance towards an MBA at Wharton or Booth than earn a less useful degree and in a cheaper and less prestigious program.

1304 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Wonderful company but awful compensation

Current Employee - Teller in Woodland Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Teller in Woodland Park, NJ

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The community feel of working with a bank and helping its customers is truly a wonderful experience. The training sessions they held were effective, the coaching managers gave was constructive, and overall pretty great.

Cons

Working for a financial institution, you would expect not to be so financially destitute. PNC claims they are really churning out great numbers of profit but also at employees' expenses. Not only did I recieve a low salary pay, but corporate discontinued bonuses, and imposed commission decreases, which I found is unfair.

I think the employees are undervalued. Especially the teller side, they're the front line of the company and are treated like the gum on the bottom of a shoe. Corporate thinks the sales consultants are the only one who bring in business but in actuality it's the tellers who bring the business to the sales reps.

Really a solid company to work for

Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

stability, decent managment, good benefits, holiday pay, they actually seem to care about their employees, incentive to do well, lgbt friendly, diverse, helps the community, room for career growth

Cons

We always seem to be doing well in the market (via emails from CEO) but our raises/bonuses are pretty measly.

Be direct and consistent. People can handle bad news. It's better to be truthful about bonus cuts etc instead of leading people on to find out when they least expect it.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group