PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Management styles focus on belittling employees

Former Employee - Financial Services Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Financial Services Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros? If you want a job, they'll probably hire you if you can be bonded. Yes they offer benefits. If you are looking for some income while you look for decent employment elsewhere; they'll hire anyone and everyone.

Cons

This is for CSRs; specifically people seeking employment in the call centers. If you want to work for PNC you'd better negotiate your salary well in the first interview, because you will never get a raise. When you first start working for the company you'll encounter a lot of smoke and mirrors when you try to follow up on the touted 'opportunities for advancement'.

PNC tends to employ embittered management throughout the call centers and the majority of the managers I encountered can be pretty petty. They tend to pass quick judgement about their groups without doing any research about their employee's skills. I actually had a manager promise me that if I was "good' for a week, she'd teach me how to open word on the computer. I don't know why she thought I couldn't open word, or what she thought my skills were, but it was pretty disheartening since this was the woman who was supposed to help place me in the company.

The overall management style focuses on belittling, and I have had managers make up stories about customer complaints against me (one common trick is to pull up a form letter in word) just for an excuse to degrade me during the weekly one on one meetings they are forced to have with the employees. If you call HR with a concern about your treatment, your future is grim, and your environment will worsen. I made the mistake of doing that and had bullying managers follow me around the company demanding meetings to tell me how awful I was.

I found myself completely deprived of all self esteem by the time I left the company. When I worked there, I was constantly stressed and worried I'd loose my low paying job because the managers I'd worked for convinced me I was a useless person. If you want to work for this company, I'd suggest not taking anything your managers say to heart, that's what they want you to do, so you stay in the call center, which is a pretty awful job without all of the petty management techniques.

Re-evaluate your management strategies. Fostering happy employees will get you a lot farther.

1309 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Love this Bank

Former Employee - Teller Banking Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Teller Banking Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They care about their employees

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Keep it up

Financial Sales Consultant III

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant III in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant III in Washington, DC

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great way to build experience in all parts of banking.

Cons

Going to events to offer banking products and the people are rude to you.

Look to develop niche talents of every FSC to capitalize on internal talent.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group