PNC Financial Services Group

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Decent Starter Company, Training Ground for Other Banks to Snag Talent

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Atmosphere is alright, managers are hit or miss, customers are normally pretty good. A good place to get experience and move on to another financial institution.

Cons

No development, no opportunity to move up and grow, hard to make a career out of it when you're constantly passed up for promos by outside applicants. Has a program to fast track employees but need college degree, if you can't afford a degree but have the talent good luck moving up.

Do a better job of nurturing your current employees and allow ones without a college degree with talent to fast track also. You can have all the education in the world and have no common sense on how to manage.

1244 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Well...

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn a lot

Cons

This company does not care about work/life balance. I was continuing my education FOR THE BANK then the District Manager decided that she no longer wanted to work with my schedule. At that time I was the Top Sales Performer out of 20 branches and I was in excellent standing with the company.

Care more about your employees.

great company to work for

Current Employee - Branch Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Jobs at all levels. Able to move up as long as you are performing great at your current position.

Cons

When promoted within you have to take the "hometown" discount. They pay more to the outsiders.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group