There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Great Values

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company holds employees to a high standard of the core values which results in a great work atmosphere. We are not product pushers, we are able to succeed with the proper financial relationships.

Cons

One of the cons is the pay grades, although it is still competitive it is lower than some other banks iin town. I know I could make more with other incentive plans and base pays.

1095 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Solid Company, reasonable pay, Like anything, it's what you make of it...

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have a particularly good boss, which helps. Pay is solid...remember, any hours worked over 40 is OT pay and there are a fair number of paid bank holidays so your salary is relatively good given those particulars and compared to other jobs that are salaried where you could end up working 45 hours a week with no additional pay and only get 2 weeks of vacation vs almost 3 if you include bank holidays, it's not a bad gig. Also, this company is very client and employee focused and does attempt to be "one of the good guys" in banking, for what it's worth.

Cons

Like most companies, many of middle managers are not very connected with what is going on at the ground level and so some of their initiatives are lame and half-baked. As long as you can just pretend like you are doing all of the things they think are important and then figure out on your own what actually gets your bonuses paid and do those things, you will like it here.

Spend more time figuring out what actually works by partnering with some of your bright people at the ground level (some of the ground-level troops are admittedly idiots) as opposed to sitting around and dreaming up processes that fall flat and turn off your stronger players. Also, unfortunately you have to sometimes have processes that target the idiots but leave your stronger players alone. Finally, you need a formalized way to identify true talent at the branch level and have more aggressive ways to retain those folks within the organization. It is very expensive to have strong, talented players run off. They are very hard to replace.

Outstanding, Great, Wonderful, Great Advancement

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pay is great co-workers are great. I would go back to work.

Cons

Save more ppl money, don't bailout stupid ppl.

Keep It up

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!