PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
  www.pnc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

What you read/see is NOT what you get.

Current Employee - Platform/Partner in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Platform/Partner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The reason I joined PNC was because of their reputation for taking care of their employees and clients.
The other employees (excluding management) are so incredibly nice.

Cons

Serious leadership problems at many levels. Employees are given direction from several different management sources (a lot of dotted line relationships), and no one wants to achieve the goal the same way, so you are being pulled everywhere, Many managers are very resistent to change and working with the partners (Mortgage, Investment, Business). No team work. Conversations between management and platform and teller is NOT encouraged or really allowed. So, issues are really never resolved. Managements stress level is very high creating a very negative work environment. Training on their Seibel computer system is sub-par. They don't even have a guide of key codes that we need to know to do our jobs and process service requests for our clients. Also, their CRM system has never really been used before so there is no documentation/history on clients. Managers do not have the backs of their employees, they are all to scared of getting a bad CIQ score. Presently they are getting rid of most of the remaining National City employees. Being that Illinois is a fire at will state, it makes it easy. The EIQ is a farce. Because each branch is staffed with a small amount of employees, no one provides honest answers to the Gallup Poll Surveys they do, for fear of being identified and hence fired. Thus, changes to management are rarely made. This was the worst move I ever made.

Just because you train a manager on Human Sigma, and they can demonstrate in front of you they can do it, does not mean that they are implementing it with their team. Too much management and not enough room to be who you are and perform the job function. Most important, the PNC culture that is in Pittsburgh never made it to the Chicago area. Very Sad. I had high expectations.

1241 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Great culture, leadership needs revamped

Former Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Cambridge, OH
    Former Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Cambridge, OH

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work was amazing. The products, amazing. The atmosphere, amazing. The opportunities, amazing.

Cons

The pay was HORRIBLE. Regional managers don't want to see you succeed and will punish you for trying to move up.

Watch your regional managers closely. Hire from within. Put your money where your mouth is.

It's alright

Current Employee - Switcher in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Switcher in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Stability, and the managers are pretty good at what they do.

Cons

Sales Sales Sales... hate that focus.

Career Development.