PNC Financial Services Group
3.2 of 5 1,000 reviews
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Pros outweigh the cons

Operations Specialist (Current Employee)
Itasca, IL

ProsAmazing benefits - 2 weeks vacation your first year, health/dental/vision, tuition reimbursement, commuter benefit, pension, pretty much anything you can think of you get for full-time.
You never work too hard, you never work not hard enough. A bit of overtime is required but nothing over 46 hours per week.
Incentive pay for exceeding work efficiency and quality
Chance to move up in company. A great place to start a career. You can get pretty high up from starting on the bottom.

ConsTurnover - employees are hired and fired constantly. In the 4 months I've been here they've added about 15 people and just as many have been fired, quit, etc.
Not flexible with shifts, you'll be working your shift even if there are positions open on another one (from the turnover above)
Policies seem to change weekly
Depending on volume, you may be forced to work overtime one day and forced to leave early on another, losing those OT hours you put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet turnover under control. Make employees want to stay. Give them more time to learn the job (90 days sometimes isn't enough, especially when procedure changes 4-5 times inside those 90 days)

Pay is not high

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group as an intern

Pros: Nice working environment. Nice colleague. Cons: Pay a little low. Perhaps that's normal in banking Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

You can be who you want to be.

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros: This company allows me to be me. No tight grip. Let's me… Cons: Salary is not really the highest, but the company is… Advice to Senior Management: Look at recognizing the little people more. The ones who… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNC Financial Services Group CEO William S. Demchak. All reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees.