There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

A terrible learned lesson, should have listened to gut instinct and fellow industry colleagues.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is an opportunity to have success at PNC Financial Services Group.

Cons

Key to the comment, "There is an opportunity to have success at PNC Financial Services Group", if you are hired into the right position and environment. Was hired in as a central financial advisor, hiring manager wore too many hats and completely over their head. Because there were no vacancies in the central financial advisor position when finally hired aboard, I was shuffled out to branch hub. It was learned quickly there my skills and skills required for position a large disconnect. I requested prior year production numbers, to find multiple advisors had come and go and production levels equated to earnings of a fast-food chain fry cook. Further, the PNC "culture" is challenged at multiple levels. There seems to be no fluid process, business model lacks testing, compliance department pleads for adherence to rules and regulations, technology is outdated, disconnect between retail bank motivations and retail investments motivations, and overall operates in controlled chaos.

Advice to Management

Please do not sell to a recruit what you cannot deliver; leading expectations and unable to provide concrete results. Provide a recruit the honest upfront challenges and expectations, may make wonders in obtaining the right employee instead of a revolving door. Advice to Upper Management, provide clear and defined objectives - allow your managers to make their own decisions, instead of having to check with supervisors constantly. I've never heard more - "I sent an email and haven't heard back" - in all my life. Last time I checked, the financial services industry is a people industry and not manufacturing - pick up a phone people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Management doesn't listen to your ideas or views

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get one day early shift

Cons

Work 6 days a week

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach

2. Intern Experience

Current Intern - Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Intern - Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company seems to care about their employees. The pay is well for an intern position. After work events are fun and there is a decent number of them.

Cons

Large amount of downtime. My team was not prepared for my arrival at all. I was placed into a department that does not correlate with my knowledge/education/desired position at all. Few members of my team seem willing to assist and teach me the things I do not know.

Advice to Management

Management should have been prepared when interns arrived, as we are only spending 10 weeks in our positions.