PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
  www.pnc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

A terrible learned lesson, should have listened to gut instinct and fellow industry colleagues.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is an opportunity to have success at PNC Financial Services Group.

Cons

Key to the comment, "There is an opportunity to have success at PNC Financial Services Group", if you are hired into the right position and environment. Was hired in as a central financial advisor, hiring manager wore too many hats and completely over their head. Because there were no vacancies in the central financial advisor position when finally hired aboard, I was shuffled out to branch hub. It was learned quickly there my skills and skills required for position a large disconnect. I requested prior year production numbers, to find multiple advisors had come and go and production levels equated to earnings of a fast-food chain fry cook. Further, the PNC "culture" is challenged at multiple levels. There seems to be no fluid process, business model lacks testing, compliance department pleads for adherence to rules and regulations, technology is outdated, disconnect between retail bank motivations and retail investments motivations, and overall operates in controlled chaos.

Please do not sell to a recruit what you cannot deliver; leading expectations and unable to provide concrete results. Provide a recruit the honest upfront challenges and expectations, may make wonders in obtaining the right employee instead of a revolving door. Advice to Upper Management, provide clear and defined objectives - allow your managers to make their own decisions, instead of having to check with supervisors constantly. I've never heard more - "I sent an email and haven't heard back" - in all my life. Last time I checked, the financial services industry is a people industry and not manufacturing - pick up a phone people.

1241 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Management doesn't listen to your ideas or views

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get one day early shift

Cons

Work 6 days a week

Practice what you preach

Good place to work

Former Employee - Manager of Credit Risk Analysis in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Manager of Credit Risk Analysis in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Career advancement opportunities with travel

Cons

Low flexibility in day to day work

increase awareness of firm goals

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group