PNC Financial Services Group
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Not a bad job, but there are better banks to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group part-time for more than a year

ProsThere is a fair amount of work/life balance. My manager truly strived to give us time off for doctor's appointments, family needs, etc, but they weren't always able to. To be fair, this is branch-dependent.

PNC does seem to care a lot about employee involvement, cooperation, and dedication. They don't always back it up with action, but they do seem to care.

There are good benefits for part-time workers.

Your schedule may change weekly, but you know exactly how many hours you're working, which is important for pay stability.

ConsSometimes, the two "sides" (tellers and platform employees) don't get along, and can be blamed for each others' mistakes. Again, this is somewhat branch-dependent, but the very nature of the setup makes this kind of thing likely.

Part-timers only get 2.5 days of vacation time a year.

Their performance reviews are unrealistic. A score of 4.5 out of 5 is considered to be, in the words of my manager, "awful." And if you get a customer at a bad time or if they were really angry, your branch's average could be affected for months.

The pay is much less per hour than what other banks pay.

We're told to refer to online policies and procedures, but many of these are missing or in strange locations.

Not much upward or even sideways mobility. All of us at the branch had applied for other in-company jobs multiple times, and only one worker was ever able to transfer (to another section of the company entirely).

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the online policies and procedures, and offer better pay to your employees. It's worth it for what you ask of them.

Not what I was hoping for...

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros: 401k match and pension after 6 months of employment possibility to earn bonuses each quarter; based on referrals to… Cons: Pay is unimpressive; don't bother trying to negotiate with the recruiters. The starting base salary for this position is $10.30/hour, and as much as… Advice to Senior Management: Pay people enough to actually care about their jobs. PNC recorded net PROFIT of over $3billion in 2013, yet every day retail branches are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

OK job. Not for career

Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group part-time for more than a year

Pros: Company believes in quality of life and good co workers. Cons: Pay Management can sometimes micro manage More

There are newer reviews on PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNC Financial Services Group CEO William S. Demchak. All reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees.