There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

unorganized group of sub groups who don't work well together and love to waste money

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really can't think of many pros to list. sorry.

Cons

business units are so unorganized.
technology isn't managed efficiently
money is wasted every day because the project teams don't take time to dig in to the details of large projects/buildouts/buyouts/etc. true needs aren't evaluated and money is just thrown out the window

Dig in to projects. Find out where all your money is going. Example : business unit was acquired and a consultant was paid to come out an analyze how many MFD print devices we needed. She decided we needed 4 medium-large MFDS (2 color) on each floor. 85% of employees were laid off, which was planned and known about, two weeks later (as their date arrived). This was known, yet the devices were still leased and not used as a result. TOTAL waste of money. Also, old hardware was picked up and disposed of instead of being recycled or sold/donated. Company that was used to do pickup damaged equipment as they "collected" it, didn't even care.
Technology is so spread out that nothing is consistent. Processes are processes on top of processes. 3 out of 6 steps to get a form/request approved are completed unnecessary as they're simply redundant. need some major reworking.

1161 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

A great learning experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Many opportunities to grow and expand within your career. Meet alot of interesting people and deal with all scales of the public, rich and poor. Great benefits and a very sound ethical company to work for.

Cons

Some of the training can be thorough and really help but sometimes they don't focus on material you actually need to know. My training was 9 days long for the first part and it was too much of a focus on ethics rather than the actions I would be performing in the branch.

Pay more attention to what goes on in the branches and prepare the new hires accordingly

A Good Place To Work

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Awesome Structure and at times a great place to work and to grow

Cons

Pay isn't the best at all times

Pay All Employees a little bit better