PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
  www.pnc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

unorganized group of sub groups who don't work well together and love to waste money

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really can't think of many pros to list. sorry.

Cons

business units are so unorganized.
technology isn't managed efficiently
money is wasted every day because the project teams don't take time to dig in to the details of large projects/buildouts/buyouts/etc. true needs aren't evaluated and money is just thrown out the window

Dig in to projects. Find out where all your money is going. Example : business unit was acquired and a consultant was paid to come out an analyze how many MFD print devices we needed. She decided we needed 4 medium-large MFDS (2 color) on each floor. 85% of employees were laid off, which was planned and known about, two weeks later (as their date arrived). This was known, yet the devices were still leased and not used as a result. TOTAL waste of money. Also, old hardware was picked up and disposed of instead of being recycled or sold/donated. Company that was used to do pickup damaged equipment as they "collected" it, didn't even care.
Technology is so spread out that nothing is consistent. Processes are processes on top of processes. 3 out of 6 steps to get a form/request approved are completed unnecessary as they're simply redundant. need some major reworking.

1245 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Okay but lots of room for improvement

Former Employee - Backup Teller Supervisor in East Norriton, PA
    Former Employee - Backup Teller Supervisor in East Norriton, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The sales culture is realistically aggressive and rewarding when qualifying for incentives.

Cons

Gallup polling customers to evaluate employees is unfair. While it's intent is fair, the methodology is misguided.

OK place if you got a good branch manager that wants you to move up, if not run.

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Broward Highlands, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Broward Highlands, FL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learn good customer service skills and you will get a better understanding of how the banking industry functions.

Cons

Low pay. Your salary may say $33,000 but your checks look so low. Hope you have a strong team that is willing to put in the same work as you, if not it seems like your doing all the street teaming.

Stop hiring college grads over internal people that have a college education and banking experience. I was passed on with the Accel Program which makes no sense. They will hire someone with no experience over their own. Working there show me the meaning of politics in the work place.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group