PNC Financial Services Group
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Mixed. It started out OK and just got worse.

Teller I (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThey have a decent benefits package that includes healthcare, a 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Because of high turnover, you can move up rather quickly.

ConsConstant staffing issues that require employees to work through lunches, come in early, stay late, rush through their jobs trying to get things done within policy but often leading to mistakes and a salary that doesn't make up for the work load and stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep into the branches more often and require all employees to learn the basics. When management can't run a cash drawer but are telling other people how to do it, it is insulting. Pay people what they're worth, it will reduce the current high turnover you have. What's worse, constantly having to train someone for a new position, then having them learn it over the course of six months to a year, or paying your current good employees a little bit more so they don't feel encouraged to leave by salary policies that cap their pay and raises?

Your current policies lead to staffing issues, that cause those employees to be overworked, make errors and cause further losses for the bank. The errors or lack of a fully engaged employee then causes customer dissatisfaction that leads them to taking their business elsewhere. The bottom line is, quit being cheap, it's costing you money.

They don't promote within

Sales and Service Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee)
Troy, MI

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits, worklife balance and culture Cons: they don't promote within and hire outside talent to fill… Advice to Senior Management: Advance people you already know and work with. Don't seek outside… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Stagnant in compensation unless you are management.

Technical Lead (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

Pros: Flexible work schedule. Some small level of employee appreciation. Cons: Lack of career paths. No transparency into bonus (if eligible). Stagnant compensation. Lack of understanding of competitive market pay.… Advice to Senior Management: There should be clear defined career paths. Internal candidates should be given higher consideration, even if training is needed if they express and interest. Too… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNC Financial Services Group CEO William S. Demchak. All reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees.