PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

Mixed. It started out OK and just got worse.

Teller I (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThey have a decent benefits package that includes healthcare, a 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Because of high turnover, you can move up rather quickly.

ConsConstant staffing issues that require employees to work through lunches, come in early, stay late, rush through their jobs trying to get things done within policy but often leading to mistakes and a salary that doesn't make up for the work load and stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep into the branches more often and require all employees to learn the basics. When management can't run a cash drawer but are telling other people how to do it, it is insulting. Pay people what they're worth, it will reduce the current high turnover you have. What's worse, constantly having to train someone for a new position, then having them learn it over the course of six months to a year, or paying your current good employees a little bit more so they don't feel encouraged to leave by salary policies that cap their pay and raises?

Your current policies lead to staffing issues, that cause those employees to be overworked, make errors and cause further losses for the bank. The errors or lack of a fully engaged employee then causes customer dissatisfaction that leads them to taking their business elsewhere. The bottom line is, quit being cheap, it's costing you money.

Meh

Entry Level (Current Employee)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good experience for other office/sales jobs. Easy to get hired into. Can apply… Cons: No communication between departments Upper management has no idea how to manage most likely due by getting promoted because of friendships not qualifications. People… Advice to Senior Management: Keep employees in the loop, it will go a long… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

They don't promote within

Sales and Service Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) Troy, MI

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits, worklife balance and culture Cons: they don't promote within and hire outside talent to fill… Advice to Senior Management: Advance people you already know and work with. Don't seek outside… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!