CSA

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training is really good. SOME managers actually care about helping you move up and grow.

Cons

Pay was not that great, but I think I was very underpaid because of a recruiter who offered me a rate for a teller position, then when I said I was expecting more (I told her the minimum I would accept) she just said OH you're a CSA, yeah we can definitely pay you that. So I'm pretty sure I should have been paid more.

In the branch where I worked, the teller supervisor, who is honestly the most negative and hateful person I have ever encountered in my life, drove the culture. So the culture was terrible. In other branches, it was great. If you are considering working there, I recommend trying to somehow get to know the people in your branch before accepting an offer. These are small places to work in, so one bad apple is impossible to avoid.

When employees AND customers consistently complain about the behavior of an employee, it is probably a sign that the employee should probably move on to a different role.

Other Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Over worked and underpaid

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You know you are working for a repitable company and you can be proud to walk into work everyday.

Cons

The stress you undergo is ridiculous compared to the amount you are paid. You are responsible for large amounts of and with that comes a lot of distrust. Also, you are expected to have "conversations" with everybody who walks through the door which could be difficult when things get busy. Everynight I leave work I wonder if I did everything right or if I am going to have a talk with the management in the morning.

Overall a great experience!

Former Employee - Teller  in  Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Teller in Lancaster, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours are great! Most of the few employees are nice! A lot to learn.

Cons

As a new hire it was difficult to grow and excel without a manager. I had an ABM who probaly just completed her 90 days with the company. She is very good at acting, ignoring and discriminating. I was a victim of her abusive behavior. Sadly Human resource does not care.

Please note that it was discussed in front of me by the ABM and another employee that they are looking for 20 to 25 yrs old tellers to work at this branch not old people. I am over 40 yrs old and I was let go a few days after I heard that conversation.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!