There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Stable job with good benefits but a slow pace environment

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A decent amount of flexibility, good benefits, and enterprise experience.

Cons

Management is not too responsive and too many employees don't carry their weight.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. CSA

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is really good. SOME managers actually care about helping you move up and grow.

Cons

Pay was not that great, but I think I was very underpaid because of a recruiter who offered me a rate for a teller position, then when I said I was expecting more (I told her the minimum I would accept) she just said OH you're a CSA, yeah we can definitely pay you that. So I'm pretty sure I should have been paid more.

In the branch where I worked, the teller supervisor, who is honestly the most negative and hateful person I have ever encountered in my life, drove the culture. So the culture was terrible. In other branches, it was great. If you are considering working there, I recommend trying to somehow get to know the people in your branch before accepting an offer. These are small places to work in, so one bad apple is impossible to avoid.

Advice to Management

When employees AND customers consistently complain about the behavior of an employee, it is probably a sign that the employee should probably move on to a different role.

2. Over worked and underpaid

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You know you are working for a repitable company and you can be proud to walk into work everyday.

Cons

The stress you undergo is ridiculous compared to the amount you are paid. You are responsible for large amounts of and with that comes a lot of distrust. Also, you are expected to have "conversations" with everybody who walks through the door which could be difficult when things get busy. Everynight I leave work I wonder if I did everything right or if I am going to have a talk with the management in the morning.