There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Stable job with good benefits but a slow pace environment

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A decent amount of flexibility, good benefits, and enterprise experience.

Cons

Management is not too responsive and too many employees don't carry their weight.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. Overall a great experience!

Former Employee - Teller in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Teller in Lancaster, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are great! Most of the few employees are nice! A lot to learn.

Cons

As a new hire it was difficult to grow and excel without a manager. I had an ABM who probaly just completed her 90 days with the company. She is very good at acting, ignoring and discriminating. I was a victim of her abusive behavior. Sadly Human resource does not care.

Advice to Management

Please note that it was discussed in front of me by the ABM and another employee that they are looking for 20 to 25 yrs old tellers to work at this branch not old people. I am over 40 yrs old and I was let go a few days after I heard that conversation.

2. CSA

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is really good. SOME managers actually care about helping you move up and grow.

Cons

Pay was not that great, but I think I was very underpaid because of a recruiter who offered me a rate for a teller position, then when I said I was expecting more (I told her the minimum I would accept) she just said OH you're a CSA, yeah we can definitely pay you that. So I'm pretty sure I should have been paid more. In the branch where I worked, the teller supervisor, who is honestly the most negative and hateful person I have ever encountered in my life, drove the culture. So the culture was terrible. In other branches, it was great. If you are considering working there, I recommend trying to somehow get to know the people in your branch before accepting an offer. These are small places to work in, so one bad apple is impossible to avoid.

Advice to Management

When employees AND customers consistently complain about the behavior of an employee, it is probably a sign that the employee should probably move on to a different role.