There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Good benefits, great training opportunies

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Excellent training program, good benefits, good commitment to employee development. I spent a year working at a PNC Call Center while getting my Master's Degree. Call centers are notoriously bad, and I'm now an HR professional and I consider this one of the better places I've worked. I can't say the job was fun all the time, but I was impressed by the training and development opportunities available for entry level employees.

Cons

One policy I remember I thought was strange was if you called off sick, your manager was required to call you at home and ask you what was wrong with you. I felt like that was kind of invasive. Again, this was my first and only call center job so maybe they all are very micromanage-y.

Many companies ask top executives to occasionally listen in on customer service calls to get a feel for the front lines. I'd encourage PNC to adapt something similar.

1096 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

PNC a good place to work, but not a career

Current Employee - Technical Project Lead  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Lead in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Very good life balance policies like flexible work arrangements and backup child care. Decent benefits package. Salary is competitive.

Cons

Payroll deductions for healthcare are extrememly high. I am paying $5200 this year for an HMO plan for my family. Professional development lacking.

Stop trying to save money on the backs of your employees. When the company is doing well, share the sucess with everyone. Sometimes the little things matter most. Possitive or negative reviews should be reflected in annaual reviews. If poor performers and stars both receive the same rewards, what incentive is there to go the extra mile?

Not as bad as it sounds.

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Career growth and flexibility. It was a good place to work on a day to day basis with many pleasant coworkers.

Cons

The promotion system is totally messed up depending on the department you work in. They really don't know how to grow besides acquisition either.

Learn how to scout for talent correctly. The employment screening processes are on the end of being poor/useless.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!