PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Good benefits, great training opportunies

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Excellent training program, good benefits, good commitment to employee development. I spent a year working at a PNC Call Center while getting my Master's Degree. Call centers are notoriously bad, and I'm now an HR professional and I consider this one of the better places I've worked. I can't say the job was fun all the time, but I was impressed by the training and development opportunities available for entry level employees.

Cons

One policy I remember I thought was strange was if you called off sick, your manager was required to call you at home and ask you what was wrong with you. I felt like that was kind of invasive. Again, this was my first and only call center job so maybe they all are very micromanage-y.

Many companies ask top executives to occasionally listen in on customer service calls to get a feel for the front lines. I'd encourage PNC to adapt something similar.

1365 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Not as bad as it sounds.

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Career growth and flexibility. It was a good place to work on a day to day basis with many pleasant coworkers.

Cons

The promotion system is totally messed up depending on the department you work in. They really don't know how to grow besides acquisition either.

Learn how to scout for talent correctly. The employment screening processes are on the end of being poor/useless.

$$$$$$

Former Employee - Business Banker in Char Bhadrāsan (Bangladesh)
    Former Employee - Business Banker in Char Bhadrāsan (Bangladesh)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great Pay out Structure. If you are hungry and understand the revenues and sales structures you can average $6M per quarter on Payouts/Bonuses

Cons

- They want to keep track of your activities and Mircomanage, If you work hard you dont have to worry about it.
    - They also want you to work more on spare time to do admin and make calls when its peak hours

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group