PNC Financial Services Group
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Good benefits, great training opportunies

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

ProsExcellent training program, good benefits, good commitment to employee development. I spent a year working at a PNC Call Center while getting my Master's Degree. Call centers are notoriously bad, and I'm now an HR professional and I consider this one of the better places I've worked. I can't say the job was fun all the time, but I was impressed by the training and development opportunities available for entry level employees.

ConsOne policy I remember I thought was strange was if you called off sick, your manager was required to call you at home and ask you what was wrong with you. I felt like that was kind of invasive. Again, this was my first and only call center job so maybe they all are very micromanage-y.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany companies ask top executives to occasionally listen in on customer service calls to get a feel for the front lines. I'd encourage PNC to adapt something similar.

PNC a good place to work, but not a career

Technical Project Lead (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros: Very good life balance policies like flexible work arrangements and… Cons: Payroll deductions for healthcare are extrememly high. I am paying $5200… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to save money on the backs of your employees. When the company is doing well, share the sucess with everyone. Sometimes… More

Not as bad as it sounds.

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros: Career growth and flexibility. It was a good place to… Cons: The promotion system is totally messed up depending on the department you… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to scout for talent correctly. The employment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNC Financial Services Group CEO William S. Demchak. All reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees.