PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

Good benefits, great training opportunies

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsExcellent training program, good benefits, good commitment to employee development. I spent a year working at a PNC Call Center while getting my Master's Degree. Call centers are notoriously bad, and I'm now an HR professional and I consider this one of the better places I've worked. I can't say the job was fun all the time, but I was impressed by the training and development opportunities available for entry level employees.

ConsOne policy I remember I thought was strange was if you called off sick, your manager was required to call you at home and ask you what was wrong with you. I felt like that was kind of invasive. Again, this was my first and only call center job so maybe they all are very micromanage-y.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany companies ask top executives to occasionally listen in on customer service calls to get a feel for the front lines. I'd encourage PNC to adapt something similar.

Not as bad as it sounds.

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros: Career growth and flexibility. It was a good place to… Cons: The promotion system is totally messed up depending on the department you… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to scout for talent correctly. The employment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Solid company with true growth prospects

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Strong balance sheet, will grow in the future, very collegial… Cons: In some cases salaries are still catching up with its… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!