There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Careful selecting benefits as soon as possible

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a job, it taught me a lot of useful information about government regulations on the banking industry, some have since changed.

Cons

It took me three weeks to select benefits and when I did, my paycheck took benefits price from day one, no one advised any employees that would happen, before, during or after.

Be crystal clear on how the payment of benefits happens, from when to when and whether selecting them the first day or 3 weeks in does not matter.

1185 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Information Technology seriously lacking...but getting better...

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a lot of room to move within the organization. Also, this is one of the rare companies that still offers a pension. Health care is decent and 401K, they match 1 for 1 up to 4% of your salary. Ability to work remote 1 or 2 days a week. Great benefits!

Cons

Aside from the big business benefits, the IT management is awful and directly responsible for numerous problems with infrastrcuture. PNC is a cheap company when it comes to supporting their IT infrastructure (just look at their website....hello 90s) but is getting better now that management has been cleaned out. They will only get better, but it's going to take a few years.

Senior management: keep holding middle and lower management accountable. They will try to hide and blame others...keep the focus on them. Technicians follow the attitude of their leaders and right now, the attitude in IT couldn't be worse.

Data entry.

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

The hours are early. Overtime is available at times.

Cons

It's a big corporation with corporation issues. Too many people want to be the boss and the actual boss doesn't care about the people on the bottom.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group