Like in real estate, location is key.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Semi-set schedule, flexible vacation/personal time, good benefits.
Excellent experience in customer service, crisis management, and loss prevention.
Ability to move from part to full time is easy enough, but beware the glass ceiling with your position. You may be stuck there for longer than you want.

Cons

Nearly constant coaching for very trite matters. Intense focus on sales mixed with random Gallup surveys leads to policy inconsistencies and the feeling that goals can never be accomplished.

Very poor work/life balance on the retail side. I have been advised to increase product knowledge outside of operating hours. Some clients have personal contact with managers, meaning that their days never end.

Some branches have a regular ebb and flow of new money, others have to juice carrots. Hope and pray you're in the former, not the latter.

Hire the right person for the branch, not just to put a body on the line.
Chill out on sales. Not everyone who walks through your door is another opportunity. Some people just need a problem solved.
Coaching should be used to encourage growth, not to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Other Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Great hours and holidays for the most. Work with good people.

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Holidays hours etc are good. Enjoy customer relationships. Decent incentives.

Cons

Very low pay. Highly concerned with customer focus scores. Sometimes those can be uncontrollable with customers upset with pnc in general. Not much opportunity for advancement.

It was okay.

Former Employee - Teller  in  Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - Teller in Newtown, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

I liked how flexible they were with my school schedule. I had a great manager. He was very understanding and truly cared about his employees.

Cons

Pay was terrible compared to other banks. I needed full time and they only had part time. Lots of drama. Working with almost all women was tough.

Listen to employees. A happy employee will be a better employee.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!