PNC Financial Services Group

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Great Place to Work for a steady routine career

Current Employee - Mortgage Operations Processor in Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Mortgage Operations Processor in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Environment
Work Flexibility
All the tools and technology to perform tasks efficiently

Cons

Merit increases are miniscule
No job security
Incentive is barely attainable [many other personel are determining factors of productivity]

1313 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

if you want to be a good salesman then...

Former Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good scheduling, I never had a problem. In fact I used to get more hours than originally scheduled for.
    Friendly coworkers.

Cons

The biggest problem I had working for this company was the amount of referrals required each month. Each year, it seems the amount of required referrals goes up. With that, your manager and the upper management of the company are jumping down your throat trying to get one or two referrals out of you. Most of the time the customer says they're not even interested, which in turn, leads to management and upper management complaining to you that you aren't doing your job correctly, even though the customer has explained that they resent you asking them constantly if they would like to upgrade their account, get a credit card, or bring an existing credit card over to PNC Bank. When I was originally hired for this job, I was told that I would have to up sell some products. What they didn't tell me, was that I would have to up sell EVERYTHING to EVERY customer. It's a very annoying process to hound every customer who comes in for some type of product that they don't want. The company is to geared on sales and doesn't focus on how much the clients I actually like being at this bank. In my region, the customer loyalty and customer satisfaction was low. More importantly, the employee satisfaction was below 30%. Had I known prior to being hired that I would be hired for a low wage of $10 an hour (with no chance of a raise in sight), be forced to get at least 30 referrals each month, and out of those 30 at least 10 have to post and go through to get count as credit. I wouldn't have joined.
    I would highly recommend that everyone stays away from working at this bank. Poor pay. Hideous focus on referrals. Hideous focus on referrals. Hideous focus on referrals.

stop hounding over me for my average amount of referrals and demanding that I get hundreds in a month. This job is simply no fun to work at, and I've left for a much higher wage at a different bank.

Good place to get your foot in the door.

Former Employee - Default Specialist II in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Default Specialist II in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Okay base salary, managers are hit and miss, good coworkers, health benefits were good, employee appreciation was fun and was a good place to learn banking.

Cons

Incentive was always changing and people would cheat the system to inflate numbers. Vacation was sometimes impossible due to only a few people being allowed off in one given day.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group